CHAPTER 12

Alveera's Pov:

'Does that means that I am special to you?', Xanir's question kept ringing in my ears, you have no idea Xanir that how much special you are to me. I am falling in love with you, but I don't want to because I don't want to get broken again. It was getting difficult day by day, I just couldn't stop those butterflies in my stomach from dancing every time I see him, I couldn't stop my heart from warming every time I see him. He makes me forget all my worries, I feel happy around him. I was helpless.

 At last, I found the one and the only way to not fall for him, 'ignore him'.

Australia won the series 3-0, Xanir was really happy. I gave him the watch which I bought him as his birthday gift because I forgot to give him that on his birthday and thankfully he loved it.

We were back home and I did my best to ignore him, but believe me, it's not easy. 

My mom called me after almost a month(I don't care anyway).

"I am sending you a few pictures of boys, it came as a proposal for you, you better choose one", she told me which left me in a shock.

"I am not even 24, and I don't want to get married so early, I need time", I fought back.

"We let you go to Australia and you can't even do us such a small favour?", she yelled.

"Favour? How come me getting married will be a favour to you?"

"At least a burden will be lifted from our life." Those words were like venom to me. "I already told you that they don't care, you want more examples?", my conscience asked me and a lone tear escaped my eyes.

"Just for now at least look at those photographs, we will talk about this once you get home", and with that, she hanged up the phone.

I slowly sat on the bed, broken, again. My phone buzzed showing me the message that she sent. I went on the balcony with the phone and started swiping through the photos she sent. I was so engrossed in it that I didn't hear the room's door open until Xanir said, "Who are they?"

I kept my hand on my heart, "You literally scared me", I said taking deep breaths.

He had a frown on his face and anger in his eyes, I realized that I was looking at the photos and I immediately hid my phone at the back.

"Who.Are.They?", he asked again emphasising on each word.

"These are the proposals that came for me", I told him hoping he won't get mad again.

He snatched my phone and started looking at those photos and every now and then he lifted his eyes to look at me. He handed me my phone back and closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

"You are getting married?", he asked coldly, still his eyes were closed.

"I was just told to see them, I didn't say 'yes' yet."

He finally opened his eyes and said calmly, "Whoever you will be marrying, I will be the one to meet him first, personally."

"But w-", I wanted to ask him why but he cut me off and said, "No arguments."

And before I could say anything, he went out of my room.

Why does it affect him?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next morning, I woke up before, yeah I know it's an impossible task for me but I had to do it in order to ignore him. I had my breakfast alone and I was going back up when I saw him coming down the stairs, I completely ignored him and went past. Well, that was not a good idea because before I could take the first step, he grabbed me by my forearm and slammed me into the wall(not too hard) and trapped me in between his arms. He looked pissed off. Our faces were very close, the tip of our nose was touching.

"Why the hell are you avoiding me?", he asked me in a dangerously low voice and I gulped audibly.

"I am...no...t avoiding you." Why the hell am I shuttering?

"You are a really bad liar", he said in the same tone. I didn't say anything and I don't know from where I gathered so much courage that I was looking directly into his eyes. I might sound dramatic but there was a storm in his eyes, a storm of emotions. He looked hurt.

"Will you speak?", he shouted.

"I am just trying to run away from something that might break me again, that's it", I said it in one breath. 

"Then why does 'avoiding me' will help you run away from that 'something'?"

I was surprised that he didn't ask what that 'something' is.

"Just give me some time, I'll figure it out myself", I said cupping his cheeks, his body got tensed due to my touch, "And please you have not done anything."

He looked at me in my eyes, baffled.

"Fine", he said before storming out of the house.

Things are again going to be complicated, I thought to myself. If only I could accept my feelings, not deny them. I trust him but I am afraid. I don't know why but this quote from 'Frozen 2' just popped up in my mind, "Fear is what can't be trusted."

Everything happens for a reason, I was always told. Wish these situations will make some sense one day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it is a short chapter, but I ran out of ideas.

More importantly, I just crossed 100 views, Yippee!! I know it's not a big deal but for me, it is cause this is my first story on Wattpad and I am not good as the others.

A huge thanks to my readers, love you all❤❤ And especially my friends for helping me in between with their amazing ideas💕💕