CHAPTER 9

Alveera's POV:

That night I was awake as images of what happened kept flashing in my mind, he almost kissed me! I couldn't believe that had it not been for that phone call he would have definitely kissed me. Things, of course, got awkward between us and the next morning during the flight back to Sydney I ignored him completely, I could feel him glancing at me but I avoided looking at him. But after a day or two it got better, we again started talking freely and none of us brought that topic up.

I was in my room when I decided to call Sarif, I did message him once or twice but for the past 15 days not even once I called him.

"So finally 'Miss Most Busy Person' has decided to call me, I thought you didn't have time for me as now you are with your 'best friend'." He didn't even let me say 'hello', he was annoyed with me.

"At least you should be thankful that I called."

"Of course." I could imagine him rolling his eyes.

"So, how are you?"

"Good as usual."

"And for your kind information, Xanir is not my best friend", I told him, "We are just friends."

"And as far as I remember, a month ago someone was saying that she hated Xanir."

"Ok, but now as I have spent time with him I have realized that he isn't that bad anymore."

"Yeah, yeah. Tell me about the function, did you enjoy? Did you meet other players? Was the food good there? How did it feel while walking on the red carpet?", he suddenly bombarded me with questions with excitement dripping in his voice and I told him all the details he asked. And I left out what happened that night, though I don't keep anything secret but I didn't feel like telling him right now, maybe when I reach home.

Xanir's POV:

I was so glad that she started talking to me again because I hate it when someone avoids me. Apart from that, I had the series coming up against New Zealand so I would be leaving in 2 days and because of that I had to spend more time at training and I wasn't able to take Alveera out but thankfully she understood it and didn't get angry.

Currently, I was leaving for the ground and I saw Alveera going out as well.

"Where are you going?", I asked her.

"I am going out for shopping, Sarif asked me to buy something for him."

"Ok, I will ask Mark to drop you."

"No, thanks I will take a cab", she said walking out of the house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was almost setting and I started packing my equipment. I texted Alveera asking her if she's still out so that I could pick her up and she replied after 5 minutes saying that she was in the 'Star Dust Cafe' and I told her that I am coming to pick her up.

When I reached there, I texted her and I was still in the car when I saw her coming out with an Indian guy and my blood boiled when he side hugged her. Who the hell he is?

She came and sat on the passenger's seat and I was still glaring at her.

"What happened?", she asked.

"Who was he?"

"Ryan Mehrotra", she replied.

"How am I suppose yo know who the hell Ryan Me- whatever his name is?", I said through gritted teeth. I couldn't even pronounce his name.

"He was my classmate in class 12th, we were meeting after 6 years, that's it Xanir", she told me.

"You went on a date with him?"

"What the hell Xanir!", she shouted.

"Is he your boyfriend?", ok that was too much, I shouldn't have said that because she suddenly looked hurt and looked out of the window and said, "No."

I know I made a fuss about a small thing and I should trust her but...

Alveera's POV:

I groaned burying my face in the pillow as the sun was shining on my face. I tried going back to sleep but failed so I woke up and did my morning routine, after I came back from the bathroom I saw Ryan's missed call, what does he want now?

"You called Ryan?"

"Yeah, I wanted to say sorry."

"But you already said that yesterday", I was surprised.

"No actually, as you know that I like football more than cricket so I didn't know that Xanir Resf is your boyfriend."

"My what?", I scoffed.

"Your...boyfriend."

"Who told you that?"

"Mr.Resf himself called and told me, I don't know from where he got my number but-"

"I'll call you later Ryan", and I hunged up the call.

If cartoons were real then you could literally see smoke coming out of my ears. Why did he tell him that he is my boyfriend? Xanir was in the garden practising, he had the practice net in his house also.

"Xanir!!", I screamed and he came towards me looking so innocent as if he has not done anything. 

"What?", he said as he stood in front of me.

"You told Ryan that you are my boyfriend and you are saying what. Are you serious?"

"If I see him again with you then I will break his bones", he warned.

"May I know why?", I said folding my arms.

"Cause his face provokes me."

"Then I should break your face because your stupidity provokes me."

"And I should put a copyright on you cause your cuteness provokes me." Is he mad?

"You are out of your mind Xanir", I yelled.

"I am saying this for the first and the last time that you are mine and I don't like sharing my things with others." My jaws dropped on hearing him.

"I am not a piece of chocolate that you can share with others."

"That's what I am saying that you are not a piece of chocolate that I would like to share with others."

"You know what, you have gone mad", I said pointing towards him, "And I not going to talk to you unless you say 'sorry' to me."

"I don't say sorry to anyone."

"I will make you say it", challenging him I walked back in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what he thinks of himself, he is literally demented. The whole day I ignored him, didn't even have lunch or dinner with him.

At night I changed into my sleeping dress and as I stood near the dressing table combing my hair, the door of my bedroom was opened with so much force that it got slammed to the wall and Xanir came in fuming with anger. The comb dropped from my hand. I was afraid, he was so angry. He started moving towards me and I started moving back until my back hit the wall. Him being taller than me intimidated me. 

"Wha...t are you doing?", I shuttered.

"When were you going to tell me that Ryan is your ex-boyfriend?"

Shit!