Auditions

Olivia's POV:

Today is it, the day were I audition for the role of Nini Salazar Roberts. I'm super excited but also nervous. What if I'm not good enough, what if I'm bland in comparison to everyone else.

They stopped filming Bizardvark, after 3 seasons, which don't get me wrong, I am sad about it but I think that it's my time to shine, especially when I only sang songs about pooping unicorns.

So why am I moaning?! Heck, this is my dream role, I have been obsessed with HSM since the age of 5. I know all the lyrics to all the songs and I think that I am a teeny bit like Sharpay.

"Ok Liv, breathe in and out, you got this, ok!" Madison says.

In case you're wondering who Madison is, she was my costar on Bizardvark and thankfully, she came to support me during my audition. I'm so thankful for her!

"Thanks for the advice but I am literally freaking out right now!!" I reply looking down at my script one more time before they call my name out.

"Don't worry, you got this!" Madison says giving my hand a squeeze.

"Next up is Olivia Rodrigo!" The man says coming out of the room.

Oh geez, I think I'm gonna puke!

"Good luck Liv!" Madison says getting up to hug me before I go in.

I entered the room, it was filled with some men and women who were sitting behind a desk. And then I saw the boy. He looked about my age but he looked totally uninterested, probably because he had been doing this all day!

"Ok so I want you to give us some facts about you and then we'll get right into it!" The man behind the desk said before placing his coffee down.

"Well hi, my name's Olivia Rodrigo, I'm 15 almost 16 and I have starred as Grace in American Girl Doll and Paige in Disney Channel's Bizardvark!" I reply trying to be confident but inside I'm literally a mess.

"Ok, well my name's Tim and this is Joshua, he will be the one who you're doing your scene with considering that he has already been cast!" Tim says whilst Joshua gets up sighing again.

"Ok so what scene are we doing Tim?!" Josh asked.

Wow, he has such a nice voice!

"The scene on Page 22, Episode one!" Tim replys.

"Ok, Ricky what are you doing here!" I say trying to feel Nini's emotions.

"I'm auditioning!" Josh says in character.

"Ricky, you hate musicals, we got thrown out of the Greatest Showman because you kept shouting "that's not realistic" at the screen!" I say angrily trying to get more into the character that I was portraying.

"That was the old me, ok, the new me thinks that musicals are awesome!" Josh said as his character.

"Ok, well let me tell you about the old me, alright, the old me had her heart broken, then she went away and she found herself, and you don't get to show up now, just to try and confuse things!" I said perfectly trying to hold back tears from the emotion of Nini's character.

"You think what this is all about, no Nini, I always believed in you, in us, even if I suck at showing you, that's why I'm here!" Josh replied in character.

"Wow, ok, that was amazing, umm why don't you try and sing a song together just to see if your voices fit!" Tim says whilst clapping.

"I thought that you said that I wasn't singing?!" Josh asked.

"Well I changed my mind!" Tim says cockily.

"Let's go!" Josh says grabbing my arm and taking me into the nearest room.

"So what should we sing then?!" I ask nervously.

"Dunno, Tim said that I wasn't singing but what about Count On Me by Bruno Mars?!" Josh says getting his guitar out of his case.

I don't know this song very well, what if I mess it all up, breathe Olivia, breathe!!

"I uh I don't know it that well!" I reply nervously.

"Oh it's easy, I'll teach you a bit of it!" Josh says calmly.

He is super nice, I actually feel a lot more comfortable about this audition now!

"So you're ready?!" Josh asked me because we went through it one last time.

"I think so, and thank you Josh, oh is it ok if I call you Josh or do you prefer Joshua?!" I ask nervously.

Why did I just ask that?!

"You can call me whatever you want to!" Josh says before opening the door slightly so that we can audition.

"Ok!" I reply.

We start singing and omg, he is such an amazing singer. I instantly feel calm by his voice and I don't know why?!

"Ok thank you Olivia!" Tim says before getting up to get the next person.

"Hey, you were great, I'll tell Tim to put you down on the waiting list!" Joshua says.

"Thanks, we should hang out sometime!" I say suggestively.

"Yeah, do you want my number?!" Josh asks before handing me his phone.

"Uh sure, there you go, I put my number in!" I said handing him back his phone but handing mine over.

"Done it, and uh by the way, Tim hasn't asked anyone else to sing so I think you have a pretty good chance!" Josh says handing me back my phone.

That made me feel a lot better!

"I'll see you around, bye Josh!" I said before leaving.

-

Hi everyone, this is my first time writing a Wattpad book so bare with me. If you have any suggestions on what I should write about next, then please let me know, and I may consider it. I hope that you all are staying safe at home because we are at a weird time right now. But please, stay at home to keep everyone safe. Because of this, I'll probably be writing a few more chapters in the next couple of days/weeks but it does depend. Also please let me know what you think of this because I might do some Rini books after this or whenever, I dunno. Bye and stay safe