Chapter 5- Emotions

Start from the beginning

"Okay I'm here!" We heard at the door. Zander stood and opened the large slab of wood separating us from the rest of the house. A girl came tumbling into the room. Her hair the same dark shade of my mates. She was a bit taller than me as Zander had suspected, and a little thinner as well. She's beautiful. 

"Hello, I am Ember Fallen." I stuck my hand out to shake.

She bowed in submission "Alpha," She greeted and my brows furrowed. This will take awhile to get used to.

"None of that, Ember will be just fine." 

"Yeah, Okay." She said enthusiastically. "I'm Aliyah. You can call me Ali. I'm that butthead's little sister. I have been waiting to meet you basically my entire life." She grinned almost evilly, but in a good natured way. She likes to tease her brother. 

"Why's that?" I asked, playing her game.

"I couldn't wait to see who would be strong enough to be stuck with that bozo forever."

"HEY!" Zander protested with a laugh. "Rude." 

"Whatever. I can't wait to get to know you Ember, but first how did you guys meet?" She smiled wide at us.

"Uh, maybe now isn't the best time Liyah." Zander said. 

"Why? I love hearing these stories." She looked so excited, and I didn't want to ruin that for her so I gave her a short version. Not a lie, but not the full truth.

"Your brother offered me and my Beta a place to stay for awhile. I met Beta Jaxon in the forest and had no idea that your brother would end up being my mate." I gave her a small smile. 

"Why did you-" She started

"Not now, please Aliyah." Zander urged. "Later. Right now she needs the clothes you're holding. We have to go visit someone." 

"Okay," She said quietly. I think she read his tone. She knew it wasn't a happy thing. "I didn't know what to bring, so I grabbed some yoga pants and a t shirt. I grabbed a bra too, just in case, but I don't think mine would fit." She chuckled nervously.

"This will be great, thank you Ali." Zander had my underwear washed, so that will be fine to wear. My top and jeans tore while I was running otherwise I would have gladly worn that. 

"When we get back, we will sit down with you and mom and dad to get everything out on the table okay?" Zander told her before giving her a brotherly hug.

"Deal. I'll see you guys later." She smiled before skipping out of the room.

"I will have her get some more clothes for you while we're gone." He smiled at me.

"Thank you." I pulled off his oversized t shirt before slipping into the clothes that were waiting for me. I heard another quick breath fill my mate's lungs.

"Sorry, er uh-" He stuttered.

"It's fine. In my pack we never really took nudity to be a big deal." I shrugged my shoulders. 

"It isn't. A big deal I mean. I guess it's just different seeing your mate bare." He spoke candidly. 

"Fair." I turned around to face him, he was turned away facing the door. "You may turn around, I'm dressed now." I informed him. 

"Perfect." He smiled. "Let's head out now."

Zander called the three men that would be journeying with us today to the front of the pack house. Last night he gave our Betas instructions to keep the pack going while we were gone. There wasn't much they needed to do. Just make sure the border was still being watched, be on the lookout for rogues and such. Normal stuff like that.