Chapter 5- Emotions

Ember's POV

Black. Pure nothingness. Empty. Hollow. That's all that greeted me as I slept soundly beside my mate. No nightmares torturing me. No screams of terror ripping through my unconscious mind. 

It was bliss.

"Ember, we have to get up now, mate." I was lulled from my deep sleep by the masculine voice of Alpha Zander Noveck. I peeled my blue eyes open and looked into his expressive green ones. 

"Good morning." I smiled lightly. He seemed surprise by the uplift of my lips, and for a moment I forgot the pain. For a moment, I was happy to be lying so closely with the man that was meant to spend his life with me. 

The moment passed quickly and my smile dropped. He seemed a little saddened by my sudden change in emotion and I watched his face fall. I felt a small sting in my heart that I was the one to cause such a beautiful man to frown. "Good morning Em. We should get ready so we can go meet the witch." He brushed the loose hair from my face and tucked it securely behind my ear. 

"Good idea." I said before a thought crossed my mind. Yesterday Zander loaned me a shirt and pair of shorts of his to wear around the pack house, but I can't very well wear his clothes out. "I don't have anything to wear." I said sheepishly. I felt a light blush creep up my cheeks for some reason. 

"Ah yes, I will have Aliyah bring you something from her closet. You seem to be similar in size, she's a bit taller, but they should be okay." He said referring to his sister. 

"Thank you." I said with a small grateful smile. I heard him intake a sharp breath yet again at the movement of my lips. He likes it when I smile. I will show him my real smile someday. 

"No problem. We will head out as soon as she drops off the clothes." He smiled at me and I nodded. 

I sat up in the bed and Zander followed my action. "Will anyone be going with us today?" I asked curiously. 

"I figured we could bring my Delta. You remember Christopher?" I nodded. "I would like some sort of protection just in case, so I thought we could also bring two of my warriors. Sam and Vinny." 

"Sounds good." I agreed with his plans. 

Aliyah could you bring me some of your clothes for my mate? I heard in my mind.

You met your mate?! A girly voice answered and I looked at Zander with a lifted brow. He didn't notice my look as he was concentrating on talking to his sister.

Yes. I guess with everything going on I forgot to mention it to you guys. She's here and you can meet her if you bring her some clothes. He offered.

What's she like? Is she nice? Is she beautiful? Will she be a good Luna? How'd you meet her? She's better than Caroline right?

Her name is Ember. She's very nice, I think. She's gorgeous, and Caroline doesn't even hold a candle to her.

Who's Caroline? I interrupted. 

"I forgot you could do that." He jumped and blushed. I couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped at seeing my mate so flustered. 

Who's that? Aliyah asked through the link.

Come to my room and you'll see. Zander urged before cutting off the link.

"So you think I am gorgeous?" I asked him.

"Unbelievably so." He said confidently.

"Thank you." I looked down shyly.