Maybe he acted out of ignorance; ignorance could be fixed. He could teach Tom. Teach him to respect those of different blood.

But how would he find Tom again?

He missed Tom. He needed Tom again. He couldn't live without him.

Draco yawned, deciding that tomorrow, he would look for Tom.

****************

Draco was sitting with Anthony and Terry, they had been dragged into this 'duelling club' that Lockhart had started. Draco hadn't wanted to go because Lockhart had asked them to come (he liked Lockhart as much as Snape liked Harry Potter, which is to say, not at all.) But when he had mentioned extra credit, Terry agreed right then and there, dragging Anthony and Draco along with him.

Draco snickered when Lockhart fell on his arse after Professor Snape used Expelliarmus on him. Draco knew for a fact that Snape didn't like Lockhart. He never did like frauds.

"Students, come up, come up, pair up and fight! Harry, come up here, let's show everyone how it's done, yes?" Lockhart forced Harry up onto the stage, and Draco suddenly remembered the Parseltongue incident. He wondered how that would happen now.

Snape looked at him, "Perhaps Mr Malfoy would be a good duelling partner?" He raised an eyebrow at him and Draco sighed, knowing that he would have to go up there.

"I don't see why not!" Lockhart smiled and almost all the girls fawned over him.

Draco got up onto the stage, walked up to Harry, and bowed. Harry hesitated for a moment before bowing as well, he clearly didn't know what he was doing.

Draco held his wand up to his face and walked backwards.

He wouldn't use the Serpensortia curse this time.

Harry raised his wand, making the wand movement for the Expelliarmus when the rage was back. It was sudden; like a jolt of pain, but instead of going away, it grew in intensity. He wanted to hurt Harry, he just felt so angry towards him. He didn't want to kill Harry, no no, he wanted to embarrass him, make him feel alone.

Images of Harry on the floor, crying, his friends looking at him with disgust flooded into his mind, and Draco smiled.

He jerked his wand up.

"Serpensortia!"

A snake flew out of Draco's wand. Harry barely had any time to react, and when he did, he was frozen in shock. The snake slithered towards Harry, hissing at the students as he passed them.

"Stand back, Potter! I'll get rid of it." Snape strolled towards the snake but stopped when he heard Harry talking. But that was the strange part, Harry was just talking, he didn't know why everyone seemed so confused.

"Don't." Harry whispered, but his voice had a sort of ethereal tone to it, a different voice spoke alongside Harry's, but it was quieter, in the background. Harry said a few other words after 'Don't' but Draco couldn't understand them...well, he could, but they didn't make sense; it was gibberish like someone was just making random sounds. They had an element of hissing to them, but they sounded like random words strung together, gibberish.

The snake looked at Harry, and then reluctantly turned back to the Hufflepuff.

"Don't." Harry whispered again. This time, the snake obeyed and turned away from the Hufflepuff completely. Snape chose this moment to act and vanished the snake.

The Hufflepuff looked at Harry, "What are you playing at?" His voice quivered.

Harry looked confused, and Draco was as well, Harry didn't do anything wrong. Ron and Hermione climbed onto the stage and led Harry off.