"When do you think the ceremony will be over Father? I think I would at least like to know where I will be staying before the halls are stormed by blazers and polo shirts." Her father chuckled, and changed his course to a room more towards the end of the hallway. Pulling out a piece of paper and his reading glasses, Angeline stood in silence as her father fuddled with her school information.

"Well darling, it says that you're room should be right around... here! Room 121!" Knocking on the door for good measure, Angeline opened the door, and took a quick view of the space. Immediately throwing herself on one of the beds, she groaned.

"Well, it's no five star hotel. But I think I'll manage." Her father placed the two rather large suitcases on the floor next to the bed.

"You'll do more than manage, you understand? This school is known for producing magnificent students, and high-class adults. I except nothing less than the best from you dear, just because you're a girl doesn't mean you can slack off and muck around. I paid a hefty sum just to get you in here, so don't disappoint me. You better be the next Sigmund Freud the next time you visit home."

The slight smile on her father's face threw Angeline off. He didn't expect her to come back with a psychology degree by Christmas, did he? So she just nodded her head, and began to open the suitcases and sort the clothes.

"For sure, better start opening me up a practice now." The joke fell flat as her father raised his hand in a sort of goodbye gesture, and walked out of the room.

Angeline sighed. This was not how she wanted her teenage years to go. In her perfect world, she would be going to regular high school, with regular kids, and have a regular amount of homework. Now by some unforeseen force, her father had gotten the idea that she was to become the next Florence Nightingale.

"At least I'm a whole state away from him, he can't come and check up on me every three days." The silence that had lingered in the air as she talked with her father had dissipated, instead being replaced with the loud chatter of hormonal teenage boys in the hall. Finishing emptying the suitcases of the clothes and other necessities needed for boarding school, Angeline sucked in a breath. Looking around as if she was being watched, she dug into the very bottom of the suitcase, and pulled out a small metal tin. Opening it up, giving the content a quick sniff, and closing it back again.

Angeline stood up from the bed, and began to fill the drawers with her content, starting with the small tin. Piling her clothes on top in necessary type and color coded order, she began to familiarize herself with the small room. No doubt she was going to spend a lot of time in here, there was no way that Angeline was going to invest more social time with the other boys than she had to.

"Just one year Angeline. Then Father will see how bad this decision was, and put you back in regular school. Just like you want. You just have to make it through this year."

Angeline's pep talk was interrupted by the door of her dorm opening, allowing for the mild chatter outside to flow in exponentially. In stepped a boy in the required uniform, carrying a bag and laughing at words Angeline didn't hear. Their gazes met, and silence was cast across the room.

A slight frown graced Angeline's face as she looked the boy up and down. She raised her eyebrows as she recognized the boy doing the same, causing him to look away, a hint of blush on his cheeks.

"I thought I was going to have a room to myself, seeing as I'm a girl." The boy looked around, and then pulled out a paper similar to her own school schedule.

"Nope, I'm pretty sure I was assigned this room." The boy smiled slightly, and scratched the back of his head. "But I'm pretty sure I could go ask Headmaster Nolan to switch me out, if it makes you more comfortable."

Angeline rolled her eyes. Of course, this boy was a... gentleman.

"Don't worry about it. It doesn't bother me. I just wanted to make sure you were... comfortable with it." Finishing her sentence with a smirk, Angeline watched as the boy looked around to the already filled drawers and unmade bed.

"It's... cool with me." He then dropped his belongings onto the other bed across from Angeline, giving her an opportunity to size the boy up. Just as she was finished with her inference, the boy turned around, and stuck out his hand.

"I'm Knox Overstreet by the way. Nice to meet the only girl here."

"Angeline Scott. Pleasure."

don't forget to comment and vote! I would appreciate some feedback!