[22]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

the party
(warning: there is use of derogatory slang towards homosexuals used by one of the characters. in case you're wondering, i am not straight)

Angeline stood in front of the mirror, playing with the pleats in her skirt. Faking a smile into the mirror, she brushed her hands through her hair and took a deep breath.

"You sure you feel up to going tonight Ang? I mean, you did miss English, which is like your favorite class, on purpose." Knox stood behind her, fiddling with his white shirt.

"I'm alright, just a little headache. Nothing to worry about anymore, it's practically gone now." The girl turned around and brushed the imaginary dirt of the boy's shirt.

"Now let's hit that party."

The two walked out of their room to see the rest of their friends waiting for them. While most of them crowded around Knox, shouting all sorts of encouraging words, Angeline made her way to Steven and Todd.

"Looking sharp Scott." Rolling her eyes, the girl lightly hit the auburn haired boy on the shoulder. Smiling slightly, she placed a lingering kiss on Steven's cheek.

"You feeling better after this morning Angeline?" Todd was the one who had found Angeline asleep next to the lake. After lightly touching her shoulder and shaking her a little, the two had sat there and talked for a while. About nothing of course, just filling the silence with nonsensical questions and retorts.

"Totally, can't wait to see Knox make a fool of himself tonight." The three of them chuckled and turned towards the before mentioned boy, who was fixing his now askew hair.

"Ready to go Ang?" With a final look of goodbye to the freckled boy, the girl turned around and began to chase after Knox, who was already down the corridor and almost to the stairs.

Fumbling out of the school together, the pair headed towards where Knox kept his bike. Knox got on first, and gestured for the girl to get on behind him.

"Hold on tight Angie."

"Just shut up and bike Knoxious."

The two arrived at the party a little while later, laughing and cheering. Angeline practically jumped off the bike, and threw herself forward. Knox followed with a slight pep in his step.