I really love how it turned out, but it was so goddamn painful and it took a few hours to complete. At least, it wasn't worse than childbirth.

***
About a month ago...

I walk out of the tattoo room to see Lamonte on his phone in the waiting area.

"Babe," I say softly and he immediately turns his focus on me.

He stands up and examines the tattoo on my leg and he smiles before kissing me.

"I love it," he says still looking at the tattoo.

He clears his throat and meets my eyes before saying, "I'm thinking about getting another tattoo."

He studies me and awaits my response.

"What did you have in mind?," I questioned slightly surprised he's doing a tattoo today.

"It's gonna be a surprise, but it's going to take a while, I think, so you don't have to wait."

"No, baby. Of course I'll wait for you," I smile at him before taking a seat in the area and watch him go to the tattoo room.

A few hours pass...

I sat in the waiting room for what felt like forever, but I didn't really mind it because he waited on me when he didn't have to.

The curtains to the back room moves and out comes Lamonte.

He was shirtless, which made my mouth water.

I stand up and meet him half way.

"Okay. Let's see the tattoo."

He peels off the bandage, slightly wincing at the painful pull to his skin.

I cover my mouth once I look at the tattoo.

I run my fingers over it lightly seeing that I was tattooed on the left side of his chest.

One of my favorite pictures was on him along with my name spelled out with the curls of my hair. Then, below that is our initials along with the date we met.

My heart swooned as I begun to cry at the sight of the heartfelt tattoo.

These damn hormones were still very much present or maybe it was just me, I had no clue.

"Aw baby. Don't cry," he spoke softly wiping my tears away with the back of his thumb.

"I'm all yours," he whispered kissing my cheeks before going to my lips and burying his face in my hair.

"I love you," I breathed out burying my face in his chest.

***
Present

I pulled up to Ajax and Ana's new house that was right down the road from where Lamonte and I lived.

Oh, did I forget to tell you?

They are living together now and are even at the stage with the I love you's.

Yeah, the two came a long way.

I couldn't be happier for them. They both deserve true solitude and I think they've found it.

I take Charliese out of the car seat and use the key to open the door. My nostrils were immediately filled with the delightful smell of what I assume to be pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausages.

I head into the kitchen to see Ana cooking and Ajax next to her staring at her lovingly while eating what she's already made.

I clear my throat and Ajax and Ana's attention is now on me.

Ajax runs over to me.

I thought he wanted to give me a hug, but he grabbed Charliese and made his way back over to Ana.

"Damn, so that's how your gonna treat your sister-in-law?," I ask acting as if his actions had hurt my feelings.

"I wanted my niece," he says while burying his face in my baby's hair.

He shrugged before taking her upstairs to watch TV.

Ana put the last of the food on my plate and made a plate for herself as well.

***
Few hours later...

"What's wrong?," I ask noticing her solemn expression.

She was being quiet and I could tell she was worried about something.

She covers her mouth and darts off to where I'm guessing is the bathroom.

I follow behind her and hold her hair back while she pukes out the contents of her stomach, retching the food in the toilet bowl.

I rub her back as she finishes puking and gets up to wash her mouth, gripping the edges of the sink.

She turns to face me and whispers, "I think I might be pregnant."

"I thought you were on the shot?," I asked.

"I am, but I think I missed my appointment," she looks at me worriedly while waiting for a response.

"Omg! Why didn't you tell me earlier? Did you take a test yet?," I look at her worriedly.

"No. Ajax saw me throw up this morning and called out of work to be with me. I've been too nervous to attempt even buying a test," she says biting her lip.

"You don't have to be alone, I'm here for you always. When did you start throwing up?," I muttered sitting her on the toilet as she begins to shake.

"Like a week ago."

"And you're just now saying something! I'm going to go to the store and get you some pregnancy tests, I'll be back in a little."

I dash towards my car and make my way to the store. I grab a few different kinds of pregnancy tests and walk in the parking lot, looking for my car.

It was already dark outside by the time I left Walmart's long ass line.

I feel someone grab me before I could open my car door.

"What's going—?," I was cut off by them putting a rag over my mouth.

The strong chemical was clouding my senses and I tried to fight it but this person was stronger than I was.

My vision began to blur and my muscles became weak to the point of no movement.

I lost consciousness within seconds.

_____