14. Feelings

LAMONTE

I missed waking up next to her and the fact that I'm with her now makes all the difference in the world to me.

She looked so peaceful sleeping. I just couldn't pry my eyes away from her.

She had the most gentle face I had ever seen. The kindest eyes, her plump lips, her button nose, her rosy cheeks, and her breathtaking smile.

What the fuck am I thinking?

I got up from the bed, careful not to wake her, and I put on my pants.

I stepped onto the balcony to catch my breath. It felt as though my chest was collapsing into the pit of my stomach.

I felt this nervous I couldn't shake for whatever reason and I never ever felt that way before.

I gripped the railings tightly and my heart started to slow its beating after a few deep breaths.

I stared out at the sun high up in the sky. It was a beautiful afternoon and it was absolutely peaceful.

I felt a light touch on my back and I turned around to face Ashanti.

She looked so beautiful with her hair tied up and no makeup on her face.

I scooped her up in my arms and kissed her deeply.

"Woah... are you ok?," she asked placing her hand gently on my chest.

"Yes, now that you're back with me. I'm sorry that I didn't text you for all that time. I just thought that you would be mad after what happened before you left," I spoke.

"No, I understand that you needed space. I dropped a huge bomb on you and it was stupid honestly. Let's just forget the whole thing ever happened," she said with a grim smile.

She kissed me before I could get another word out and she led me back to bed.

After a few more hours of us being in bed doing what we do, we finally went downstairs.

We found Ajax and Ana sitting on the couch, with her legs draped across his lap.

Ana studied both of our faces and said confidently, "Y'all been fucking."

Ajax laughed and agreed with her.

We pretended that we didn't know what she was talking about and Lamonte immediately started talking about business with his brother.

"Ajax, we need to get going. We've already spent enough time as it is and I know pops is gonna be pissed," he said pulling out his phone no doubt to go over his missed calls.

Lamonte gave me a kiss goodbye and Ajax gave Ana a kiss goodbye before they both left us by our lonesome.

"I cannot believe that you didn't tell me you were fucking Lamonte's brother when we checked in and I'm supposed to be your best friend," I spoke throwing a pillow at her face.

She threw the pillow back at me and replied, "That's what you get for leaving me for like 3 weeks."

"I'm sorry," I said pleading for her forgiveness with my puppy-dog eyes.

"You're lucky I love you. Fine, I forgive you," she uttered in defeat.

"I have so much to tell you," I said with a smile and Ana's face immediately lit up.

I told her about Trey in depth and the adventures we took over the couple of weeks that I was gone. She became wide eyed, she couldn't believe what I was telling her.

"Do you like him?," she asked.

"I do like him. He's not afraid to tell me his feelings and he's very open with me. But I love Lamonte and I wish I didn't cause he obviously doesn't love me back," I said shaking my head in despair.