im stressing but its for the money

Start bij het begin

let's just hope no dipshits try to pull anything today

"wouldn't that be peaceful," i grumble.

after the first few tables i got to, it started getting busier, and more of the part-timers showed up for their shifts. it wasn't until i was sent out to get a table, that i felt my night go downhill.

i took the orders of the two adults, and the mother gave told me what they'd get for the kids, but the oldest looking of the two children scowled as she heard what her mother was ordering for her.

"mom! i don't want that! it's disgusting!" she complained loudly, and i winced at the high pitch of her voice.

her voice is grating on my fucking nerves

the mother sighed but corrected the order, her daughter looking triumphant at getting what she wanted.

"of course, i'll get it back to you soon," i state with a customer service smile and polite bow, only dropping my act when i enter the kitchen to place the order.

"wow, rin-chan, you sure look unhappy," one of the other waitresses, sumiko, teases, and i groan playfully at her.

"i got a bratty kid and a pushover mother. the father looked absolutely done with them, i feel so bad for them," i explain to her, and she rubs my back dramatically as i play along and wipe away a fake tear.

"oh, poor you, rin-chan!"

she gets called to bring out some food for another table and sends me a quick wink as she walks out. i roll my eyes, waiting for my table to be called, and once it is, i surge to get the food, making sure it was all there and accounted for before heading back out. i plaster my smile back on when i leave the kitchen, heading towards the table i was serving.

fake bitch

i don't talk to venom while i'm working. he makes everything a bigger pain in the ass when i respond to him, so i don't deign him with my responses. it'll only end up with me getting the heat for it, anyways.

i place the food in front of each occupant of the table, being polite as possible, but just as i'm about to leave, i hear the whiny voice say, "mom, this isn't what i wanted!"

"excuse me, waitress, this isn't what i ordered," the mother calls for me, and i internally groan, turning around with that damned smile still on my face.

"i'm sorry, ma'am, but that is what you ordered. i apologize if it is not to your liking, but i did get your order right."

the mother downright fucking glares at me, and the daughter restates her first order and says that that's what she ordered. i only smile, nod, and bow once again as i take the plate from in front of the daughter and head back into the kitchen.

"i'm going to fucking throttle someone."

"i hope it's not me, my neck is my most desirable feature," one of the part-time chefs, daichi, says sarcastically, and i glare at him.

sumiko walks back in, patting me on the back in sympathy, saying, "i saw what happened, and i hate when people pull that shit. i feel you, sister."

i get the new plate of food and walk back out again, placing the plate in front of the daughter, about to turn away again when she looks at it in disgust.

"excuse me, but why in the world can't you get a simple order correct? do i need to speak to your manager?" the mother condescendingly asks me, and i refrain from throwing my hands around her neck and choking the life out of her.

"i'm sorry, ma'am, but it is not my fault that your daughter is indecisive," i state with my polite, sheepish smile, trying to keep everything from getting out of hand.

here comes the shit storm

"how rude! you are an employee, you cannot talk to me like that! i demand to speak to your manager!" she yells at me, and i drop the smile as i try to keep her in her seat without laying a hand on her, because she'll undoubtedly try to use that against me if i even brush her slightly.

the father looks just about done with her crap and grabs onto her wrist, saying, "alright, stop this, you're making an even bigger deal of this than it has to be. let's just eat what we have and we can go, alright?"

but while he's the voice of reasons his wife continues to scream at me, throwing curses into her speech before she has to get dragged out by security. the father apologizes profusely to me and my boss, who only says that it's fine. he settles the bill quickly, leaving me with a considerably nice tip, and i head back into the break room.

after a couple more hours i finally leave the restaurant, saying goodnight to my coworkers and heading down the street.

finally. it was getting so damn suffocating in there

"you said it. just a couple more extra shifts and my paycheck next week, and the rent will be settled for this month, thank god."

venom decides to take over to get us home, seeing as i can barely walk without feeling dizzy, and we get there in record time.

"night, asshole."

shut up bitch

—————

hello. firstly, i'd like to apologize for not updating last week. i didn't prepare an update in advance and was under a lot of stress that day, so i didn't update, but thanks for being patient, guys

also, thank you all so much for 30k, it means a lot to me. your comments keep me going and keep me entertained, so thanks for that. i appreciate every one of you so much

please stay safe and healthy during this huge shit storm that we're all dealing with

bye 💜