20: Trying to Reason

Start from the beginning

"Alright, I'll tell dad about this though." He said pointing to the letter.

"You do that but I got to go."

---

I stood on the front pourch my hand shaking as I raised it to knock.

knock,knock,knock

I sighed and waited for the door to open, when it did I was greeted by a mid-30's man.

"Mr. Cabello?" I asked.

"Lauren...Camila isn't home but I'm sure she wouldn't be sneaking around with you right?" he asked looking at me.

"Uh...n-no sir. I'm here to talk to y-you." I felt a lump forming in my throat and I held out the wine. "This is for you, Camila told me it's one of your favorites." I handed him the bottle.

"You have wine? Did you steal this?" He asked sternly.

"N-no sir, My dad has a wine cellar...he knows... may I come in?" I asked my palms getting sweaty. He nodded and let me through. Sinu and Sofi where sitting in the family room when I stepped in.

"Mrs. Cabello, Sofi." I smiled, the small six year old ran up and hugged my legs.

"Hey Laur!" She smiled, and I ruffled her hair, before she ran back to Sinu.

"So what do you need?" Alejandro's voice sounded as he sat down beside Sinu and asked Sofi to go to her room.

"Ah right, uh well I came to first Apologize to you for violating the rules of the house. Camila said we shouldn't but I didn't listen." I looked down the back at them.

"So you went against her will?" Alejandro ask.

"No no, she just said we shouldn't because she could get caught and me being who I am and at that moment didn't care and told her we'd be fine because we where alone. Also I really do respect your decision as a father protecting their child but do you really think taking away a persons happiness is the way to do it?" I ask testing the waters, "I mean," I stood up and started pacing, "Camila has told me a lot and I mean she's be through a lot of crap as far as being bullied and messed with. Tormented. I've always protected her. Told people to leave her alone. I mean hasn't she always been a quite person?" I asked them looking over at the pair.

"Yes..." Sinu said.

"But when was the last time she shut up? She's such a talker now. We bring out things in each other. I sing and play my guitar a lot more because of her. She has a spot open for her in these last weeks for soccer because of me. I mean she's happy. I'm happy but once you take away oxygen for the trees what do you get? Once you take away food for the birds what do you get? Do you see where I'm going with this?" I asked them.

"Not exactly but continue if you must." Alejandro said.

"What I'm basically say is Camila is my happiness and I'm hers. I love her. I me-"

"Stop. Right there. You don't know what love is. This is some crush she has. Far from love." Alejandro argued.

"Mr. Cabello, I've been through multiple relationships I couldn't keep up because there wasn't love. Camz, she's my first real love. Love is when you wake up in the morning thinking about that person. When you go to sleep at light wishing that person was there by your side to cuddle. When ever that person text you, you get an instant wave of happiness. Someone you feel comfortable enough to look your worst around. Someone who accepts your flaws and all. Love is when you still get nervous on the 10th date because you want everything to be perfect. Love is when you fight for a person. Love is when you see yourself growing old marrying and starting your own life with that person. Love is Love. Every little thing I just said I've done or felt or thought about around and towards Camila. Our month anniversary was coming up and I was going to go all out. Camila is my ultimate happiness and I just need for you to understand that. Please just tell me you get that?" I pleaded looking at him.

"I do. But I still don't think that at this time I want you and Camila seeing each other." He said. I dropped my head defeated.

"Can we at least text please. I have something important to tell her." I begged.

"I said you couldn't see each other. I didn't cut off all connections. Just don't see her." He said. I nodded and he walked me out.

"Listen Lauren. That was very big of you to come by and talk to me about this. I'll think about it but text her what you need to and just try to keep your distance. If this is hurting you I'm sorry. This is for Camila's own good. Ok?" He said and I nodded. "You're a good kid...I like you but you just have to be more careful. Or just not just do these things." He added.

"Alright. Id rather you deliver this to Camila. Here." I pulled my second option out my pocket. This was only if he said no to texting. Id rather her read this though.

"Alright I'll give this to her." He said taking the letter.

"Thank you Mr. Cabello." I looked down at my worn converses before walking down to my car.
---
Camila's POV

I sighed and walked into my house.

"Mija Lauren came buy and left this for you." Sinu said handing me an envelope.

"Uh...ok." I said confused taking the letter. "I'll be in my room." I ran up to my room and dropped my bags down pulling open Lauren's letter.

Camz;

I know we aren't talking and I'm completely ok with that right now. Id rather see you everyday from a distance than not see you at all because we didn't listen to your dad.

First what I wanted to start with is, I'm going through with heart surgery....I want you to be there but I know you probably won't be. I don't know if you are upset with me or with your dad. Id really like for you to be there because I'll need all the support going through this.

Second, our month anniversary was going to be coming up and I really want to celebrate with you but I'll be in the hospital recovering and also your dad wouldn't want you with me because technically we aren't together but we are.

Also, if you can get to my house while I'm in the hospital my brother is holding a gift I got you. I told him I hope you'll stop by to get it.

Camila I love you. I've never loved anyone as much as you. I've never loved. You brought all that out on me and I really really thank you for that. I'm glad I was your first even thought we really did mess up by getting caught. I was your first kiss and you where my first love. I see us going longer than highschool. Through college. And into our own careers. I love you so much and I never want you to forget it.

Love you
Lauren xx

I sighed and folded the letter and set it on my desk.

"I'm going to that surgery." I mumbled to myself.

---
I like to do a little bit of foreshadowing. And obviously Cliffhangers. :)

Guys I'm not really doing well mentally but I'm forcing myself to update because when I write it's like escapism.

But your feedback really so please comment your opinions.

Thanks also. I'm writing a Fic on 5Hfanfiction tumblr called Days Till Death. So check that out.