The lunch

The lecture had finally ended, your eyes heavy from boredom and tiredness. You saw Jungkook standing up and walking out of the big room. You felt like you could finally relax a bit. You pushed your hair back, removing the hair strands from your face.
"Y/n shall we have lunch together after our classes?", Se-ri smiled at you, her eyes sparkling.
How could you say no to that?
You nodded and softly smiled back at her.
"Shall we meet around 3:00 at the entrance."
"Sure"
"Okay see you then Y/n."
She walked away from you, her hair bouncing up and down as she walked down the stairs.
How could a sweet person like her be family of Jungkook?

When you were sure that Jungkook was gone you walked out of the classroom yourself. At least, you thought he was gone. When you turned to the left to walk to your next class, you bumped into a big figure. You looked up and felt a bit lost at first, your whole body tensing up again. Jungkook seemed just as surprised as you. He blinked a couple of times in a row, his mouth wide open.
"Y-y/n"
You came back to reality and started walking away from him as fast as you could, until you reached the classroom of your next lecture. Seeing him slowly opened the wound on your heart, the pain escaping from the scar spreading through your body.
"This is going to be a tough year"

Hours passed and you were finally done with all your lectures. You walked down the hall with your head low, not wanting to bump into Jungkook again. It was crazy that even after 2 years he still had a huge effect on you. You texted Jin saying that he didn't have to bring you home as you were having lunch with someone. Luckily, you made it to the entrance without seeing Jungkook anywhere. You looked up again, seeing Se-ri sitting on the stone floor.
"Hey"
She turned around and stood up, fixing her skirt.
"Hey, let's go I know a nice place we can go to."
She grabbed your arm, dragging you down the stairs. You were startled but you decided to just go with it.

After about 5 minutes of walking, she dragged you into a small cafe. It was really cozy, the small amount of tables giving the place a cute look. There were tiny plants here and there, the soft light of the lamps brightening the room. Both of you sat down on a table near the window, ordering some drinks.
"So Y/n, have you already found some cute guys in one of your classes."
She stared at you with a big smile plastered on her face. You were a bit flustered by the sudden question and you felt your cheeks turning red.
"I ehm. No, I haven't really paid attention to boys actually. It sounds like you have though." You leaned forward, facing her, looking into her eyes. She now turned a bit red herself.
"I do actually. He's only in one of my classes and his name is Kim Seokjin."
You almost choked on your drink hearing his name.
"I'm sorry, w-who?"
"Kim Seokjin. He is so beautiful, so funny and he seems so sweet."
Her eyes were shining, her whole face brightening up as she talked about him.
"So Y/n, are you from Seoul?"
"Yes, I've lived here my entire life actually. Are you?"
"I'm not, I come from Daegu actually."
You were surprised, because you were quite sure Jungkook always said that he came from Seoul.
- Why would he lie?
"Oh that's pretty far away. Why did you come all the way to Seoul?"
"Both my brother and I were accepted to this college so we didn't really have another choice. And our mother really wanted us to go."
Her voice became softer as she said the last sentence, her eyes not sparkling anymore like before.
"My mom wanted me to be happy and have a good education. I wanted to make her proud so I decided to go. I am not sure if I made the right choice though."
She looked down at her fingers, her voice shaking a bit. You could tell she was trying really hard not to cry.
"Se-ri, I don't know what happened with your mom, but I'm sure she just wanted you to be happy and just wanted the best for you."
You softly grabbed her hand, she now looked at you, her eyes teary. She wiped away her tears and a small smile appeared on her face.
"Thank you."
She breathed in deeply, sucking in her lips before talking again.
"My mom was really sick, she has had the sickness for a really long time. My parents are divorced so it was always just me and my mom, me always taking care of her. It was really hard. Eventually she got into a critical condition, and the doctors said that she would probably die soon. And I had to leave her behind in that condition, until the next day I heard she had died. I couldn't even be with her until her last breath."
Tears were now rolling down her cheeks, her shoulders shaking. Your heart ached hearing the story, feeling sorry for the way she had lost her mom.
"Se-ri, I'm so sorry for your loss. But remember that your mom will always be there with you. Right there, in your heart and in your memories."
She gave you a small smile through her tears.
"Thank you so much for listening to me Y/n."
She sniffed while wiping her tears away. You two spent the rest of the time laughing and joking.

When you had finished lunch, both of you paid and walked outside.
"Thanks for today Y/n, see you tomorrow."
"See ya Se-ri."
You waved at each other, you making your way to the bus stop. You couldn't stop thinking about Se-ri's story. It left you with a lot of questions. Jungkook never told anything about his mom and just said that she was 'gone'. And Jungkook never mentioned his sister once.
Why would he hide something like that from you?

What else was he hiding?