𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10

Pain.

Everything was in pain. My body felt like it had gone through several battles. I had no ounce of magic left. I could not materialize anything, not a sword nor a spear.

I am weak and useless.

I forced my arms to move but I could harldy pried my hands to open, as pain welcomes me again. My arms were sore and the tips of my fingers felt like they are punctured with needles. My body felt heavy. Breathing was even more painful.

The hard floor didn't helped ease my situation. Little edges protruding on the surface just poke some sensitive parts of my back. I felt I have a few bones that are broken. More perhaps.

I opened my eyes, despite the pain that was dominating me. I was expecting to see everything in darkness but to my dismay, there were streaks of light coming out from the little cracks of the cave. It caught me unprepared. I had to close my eyes again.

I slowly opened them, adjusting to the brightness that tries to overwhelm me. My sight started to see a clear view of my surrounding.

I was still in the cave. The cracks were vivid in the wall showing how intense the shaking was. As I observe more, the hope that was within me started to diminish.

A pile of rocks had buried half of my body. They are too large for me to move off my body, in my current state. I can see stains of blood that has already dried in my hands.

Even I cannot see what I look right now. I can sense, I am laying on a bed of my own blood. I can tell that I don't look like the mischievous young miss I was before. I am worse than a mess right now.

I think, it was only a miracle that I was still alive. I felt no happiness by knowing I still have breath in me. I feel how much my body had suffered.

And then it struck me.

My legs.

I can't move them. I can't feel them. No pain. No numbness

Nothing

Was this what they call retribution? I know Im not a good person. I am mischievous since I was young. I only want to avenge myself from this mess I was forced to.

I only wanted to know his answer.
Why did he forced me out of the village? Why did he had shown no regrets in ordering me to be teleported to that forest? Why did he allow me to be alone again? Why?

Why master?

Tears just started coming out from my eyes. I felt their coldness running down to my ears. Is this really the end for me?

I had no answers. I had no way to know what will happen. I don't even know if hope is still there for me. I had no one that could save me.

I did have a beast, but what could a chicken do. I know he is still alive. I still feel the bond between us. A tinge of happiness spark inside of me. I think the blood tie is a good thing.

Death is waiting, but I will not be alone this time.

I allowed my emotions to dominate my senses. I don't have even a little amount of control to bind myself together. I cried and keep on crying. I don't for how long it was until I finally felt that there were no more tears coming out of my eyes.

I found myself waiting for death to come and save me from this suffering. 

I started to feel sleepy. My breath started to slow done. The pile of rocks above me had restricted me to fully breath for quite a time. My consciousness started to depart. Is death fetching me now?

Do you want to live?

Did someone just asked me? My eyes are now fully close. I started to sense that my consciousness is fading.

Do you want to live?

Is this a question that my heart yearns the most? Do I really want to live?

Yes
that came out as a whisper,

Why do you want to live?

Why? What is my reason for living? Is it for me to clarify all my questions or is it to seek my revenge?

How ironic that death could bring out the answers that stays hidden in deepest part of the heart.

Why do you want to live?

Not for the answers.
Not for my revenge.

But this time,

I just don't want to be alone

again.