𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8

"Achoo!"
Hmm. Why do I feel that someone talked behind my back.

"Hey you stupid human! Let me out of this cage!" An angry beast was shouting nearby.

I almost forgot about this chicken.

A while ago

---------------------------------------
"What blood tie! How could a chicken like you do such contract."

Tightly in the grasp of her hands, the chicken was in a dire situation. If he offended this human, he might not able to see tommorow. He never realized he was experiencing fear. He was afraid.

"It is true. I am of the bloodline of phoenixes, I don't have the audacity to lie"

"The audacity to lie?. Do you think, I'll believe that A CHICKEN IS A PHOENIX cause you don't have the audacity to lie!"

"Yes! Believe this phoenix' words"

Liana tightened her grasp with the so called phoenix. Continue on lying to her. Then it should be reasonable just to end this contract of her with this beast.

The beast felt that the sword is about to swing towards him, so he had no other choice but to show her more proofs.

"Wait! It is indeed a blood tie! Look at your palm. That will prove you that this phoenix is not lying."

Liana has enough of this beast's lies, but without consciousness, she looked at her palm, where the chicken had bit her.

There it was, the mark of a contract. And it was not just a mere contract. It was indeed a blood tie.

A mark forged by the magical strings,

a symbol of a blooming flower.

In this world, flowers represent life. Life that started from a seed and sprout itself out of the buried darkness while finally blossoms itself to something that exudes beauty.

Contracts of this world are usually in symbols of a bud, an unbloomed flower. This only signifies that the bond is just a bond. An agreement between the human and a beast.

On the other hand
A blooming flower represents a bond that is nurtured and well taken care of. This became not just a simple bond like a contract but blossoms into a relationship between the two and the world call it the blood tie.

When the plant wither and so is the flower. When one dies and so is the other one.

"How could this be! This is not real"

"Yes it is, this phoenix would not dare to lie about the contract."

Liana has let go of the beast. She was still in denial about the truth, but how could she just accept it.

A chicken for a beast, and to make it worst, it was an inseparable bond. She wanted to end the contract, however she would also end her life.

She doesn't know what to do now. She, Liana, will be the laughing stock of her village.

All her plans of revenge are completely done for.

As she was lost in her train of thoughts, a sound came to distrupt her. It was coming from her stomach.

Right. She was hungry.
She need to fill her stomach first so she can arrange her thoughts well.

She materialize a cage and locked the chicken in there. She cannot accept the fact that this was her beast, but still, she cannot allow anything bad happen to it. It was still a blood tie.

---------------------------------------

"How dare you locked this phoenix in here! Let me out"

This was happening for about an hour now. Liana just focused on her meal.

Savoring her roasted meat was just like a piece of heaven for her. She never thought a light stone came in handy for the situations. She found some within the area and started producing her own fire.

She made an ample amount of meat slices from the wild boar. Her skills were not just limited to fighting, her cooking was on par as well. She gathered the herbs she needed to give the meat some flavor. After all the preparations, the meat was now ready.

She kept on munching, few more slices of meat. Every bite was a taste of heaven.

The forest started to be engulf in darkness. The light from the fire lits the small area around her. It was night time.

She noticed the environment was very quiet. Her eyes drifted to the cage, where the chicken was locked in. The beast have finally settled down his temper. She picked a piece of meat and displayed it in front of the cage

"Here. You can eat this."

"Hmm. This phoenix doesn't eat meat. I only eat fire" He rejected her offer.

Fire? Does chicken like fire in this generation. If he said so, then I can only offer fire. I wouldn't want to kill myself by letting this beast die of hunger.

Liana picked a twig and allow the edge to be in flames.

"Here. Eat this."

Liana was considerate enough to offer the beast that the fire he wanted. Yet the beast was disappointed at her

"Are you insulting me. This phoenix doesn't eat this poor quality of fire."

"You don't have a choice. This fire is the only thing we have right now. So just eat it"

"This phoenix doesn't like the taste of this fire, this is even comparable to waste. Just find me some fires of great quality then I will be happier to eat them."

Liana was getting annoyed on how this beast was picky of its food. If he doesn't want to eat it, then he don't. He would not die of eating nothing for single day, right? Liana didn't bother the beast again. After she finished her meal, she prepared a place for her to lie down.

Tomorrow was yet another day. She doesn't know what will happen, but for now she needed her rest.