𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4

Liana's POV

"Who are you, human?"

Did someone just speak? I am sure I cannot sense anyone around the area.

"Where are you?" I asked to whoever the owner of the voice was

"Im in front of you"

I looked around but nothing but bushes was in front of me. Does this man thinks Im fond of hide and seek. I may be young but Im not a little child.

Wait!

Is he interested in this wild boar

"Listen here, I am hungry and not in the mood for games, but if you try to steal what's mine, better not think about it."

Cause if you did, you will never be able to hide from me.

"Stupid human!"

Eh?

Why does it seems like the voice is just near to me.

"Look below you"

My eyes drifted below, and saw the same beast that flew toward me before the wild boar appeared.

It was really a ball of feathers, somewhat like,

"A chicken?"

The beast seems to give me a death glare. How could a chicken looked at me with such hatred.

"Who are you calling a chicken?"

The chicken spoke back at me.

Where in heavens is this. A chicken could speak!

"Are you the one who is speaking?"
Is this possible? Chickens don't fly. Chickens don't talk either.

"Yes, and I am not a chicken, you stupid human!"

It really was the one who spoke. But this chicken is a bit rude for a normal chicken. Calling me stupid for a few times. Does he want to be roasted or deep fried. Maybe I could just bathe him in my speacial marinate.

"Hmm. No matter how I look at you. You are still a chicken to me"
You think I'll back down because you are a mere ball of feathers.

"I said I am not a chicken! I am from the great bloodline of phoenixes. And you stupid human, should acknowledge that!"

This chicken is a phoenix.

"Bwahhahahhahahhahahaahahaha"

I picked up the talking ball of feathers.

" You know what, I would have believe you but a chicken is still a chicken."

Did you think this lady can easily get fooled? You are lying to the wrong human.

" You stupid human, many are trying to fight over me to have this phoenix as their contract beast. There are even kings and powerful mages who tried to have a contract with me but this phoenix denied them all. "

The chicken proudly spoke. He even flaunted his pair of fluffy wings at me.

"Hmm whatever. Even if you are a phoenix , if ever you were, I, would still not want you as my contract beast. You great ball of feathers!"

A chicken trying to be a phoenix. What a funny joke is that. To think i could meet this kind of beasts in this forest. What else could there be?
A cat trying to be a lion? How delusional this beast be?

The chicken seems to dislike the words of this human. He, a proud bloodline of phoenixes isn't wanted by a human as a contract beast!

The audacity!

He will never allow any human to step over the pride of the clan of phoenixes.

If this human doesn't want him as his contract beast, then he could only force her to do so.

Having no idea of the scheme of this little phoenix, Liana just casually place the chicken down.

She was about to let it go, when something unexpected happen. The chicken bit itself, and her arm.

Both were now bleeding

As their bloods mixed with each other, magical strings appeared out of the human and beast. The two strings began to bind with each other, until the two strings before, now, became one.

And at that moment

a contract is formed.