ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ

Start from the beginning

*

The summer ended it was time for school. Her twin sister was senior in high school, the fact they still haven't met never brother Dexter.

Then a secret side came out of Dexter, her wild side, this wild side was crazy. She party with everyone and it didn't matter who they were. She met these crazy's guys that do this Life and Death Brigade. She started to have feelings for now a close friend. The guys took her everywhere, they had the same classes so it work hanging out with them.

One night the guys decided to take her to California and she wasn't even mad.

"Oh my lord. I'm in California." She said when they took the rag off her eyes, she saw a LAX.

"What do you think?" Logan asked her, they started to become close friends.

"Let's party." She said making the guys cheer and bring out the drinks.

Then something hurt her, her dad called her that her sister was being presented in society that he had to be there for her. Dexter knew the event, the guys make fun of it all the time because Colin sister was in it last year.

"Love?" Finn asked excited walking in her dorm room. They became very close with one another that he suddenly had a key to her dorm.

"Finn?" Dexter asked, she looked like a messy. Red eyes, only wearing blue laced underwear and a big T-shirt of The Offspring.

"Love you alright?" He asked sitting on her single couch she has. Dexters dorm was a single perks to her scholarship. The issue was she didn't have a lot of money other than working at local newspaper and Daily Yale News.

"It's just my dad." She said looking at him, her hair was put in a messy bun.

"What happened?" He asked worried, he knows somewhat the relationship between her family.

"It's just he wants to be there for Rory but he never did that for me. I don't understand? Was I not worth it?"  She asked softly crying more. Finn stood up and hugged his best friend as she cried.

"You are worth it Dexter." He said, he picked her up and placed her on the single couch together. She was in his lap as he turn on the little tv she had.

"Our favorite movie is on." He said as Pulp Fiction started on tv. They watched and laughed together, they danced, he wanted her feel better. It help her.

*

Nothing, her dad stop calling her. So Dexter tried calling her dad every once in awhile, he had a new girlfriend. She seem alright according to the phone calls. They seemed happy, according to Sherrie, she wanted to get to know her and Rory.

"I have to go Sherrie, I call when I'm free alright?" Dexter told her, she accepted her into her life. Finn was holding onto her.

"Okay! Oh by the way me and your dad are going to Rorys debate later today, call tomorrow honey." She said excited. Finn heard Sherrie and looked down on his best friend to see a reaction. Nothing she didn't react really only took a deep breath in.

"I will, Sherrie have a nice day.  Tell my dad I love him." Dexter said, Sherrie said she will. Then the phone hanged up.

"You alright daring?" He asked taking the phone from her. She took another deep breath in, she closed her eyes tightly and smiled.

"Yea, let's go party." She said with a big smile as she dragged him.

One night there was scary phone call from her dad, it has been awhile he and her talked on the phone or seen one another. It was mostly Sherrie and Dexter on the phone.

Dexter was asleep on Finns bed, they were studying for upcoming test. Both were scared of the test so they decided to study together into a loud cell phone woke them up.

"Love? Your phone!" Finn said getting up, Dexter woke up to answer the phone.

"Hello?" Dexter said upset. She still had her eyes closed.

"Dex, it's your sister." Her dad said. 

The phone called lasted all night, he was worried for Rory that he was going to Stars Hollow himself. She didn't get the whole sister other than 'your sister is in a hospital' it freak her out of her bed.

Finn had to calm her down, she cried and called her dad again asking what's going on. Then the next day he replied that she fractured her wrist from a car crash. It calmed her down and Finn, he didn't even know her sister other than that when Dexter gets stressed out that it never ends well for her and his mental health. 

*

A sad long phone call happened. Her dad and Sherrie broke up. Sherrie called her the talk lasted for hours of Sherrie crying. Her dad took off to Stars Hollow so he hasn't called her in awhile.

"Thank you honestly honey." Sherrie said than hanged up the phone making Dexter put her phone down.

"So their done?" Colin asked her as he got a beer from the table.

"Nows not the time." Logan told him.

"No it's alright, yeah she just said that they broke up." Dexter said taking a seat on the floor of her dorm. The guys brought beers and joints for the night.

"How's your dad?" Finn asked, he opened a beer to take a swing of it.

"Don't know, he bailed." Dexter said making Colin pass her a joint. She lit it to take a hit to pass it to Finn.

"He's most likely with my mother and sister." She said, she watched the guys smoke and drink.

Days passed, nothing from Sherrie and her dad. It didn't shock her that Sherrie stop calling, but Dexter was waiting for a call from her dad into she got one.

"Dex?" He asked, Dexter was in her dorm with her texts books everywhere and papers.

"Dad, how is everything?" She asked him while trying to her paper.

"Well, here's the thing. Sherrie is pregnant." He said making Dexter stop writing.

"Pregnant?" She asked not sure if she heard her dad correctly.

"Yes, I'm getting back together with her and I'm going to be there." Her dad said.

They talked on how he felt of the baby and school. It felt normal dad and daughter conservation.

"Pregnant?" Finn asked as he drank his drink. He looked at her shocked.

"Yea, she's pregnant."  She said drinking her vodka straight.

"How do you feel about the baby?" He asked her looking at his best friend closely.

"I mean my dad can have another chance so I'm happy for him." She lied to Finn.

It was hard for Dexter to say what she really wanted to say. Only because she didn't know how to respond or react to the news.  She was going to be a big sister.

*

When Dexter was depressed, she was fully depression stricken from whatever made her feel so blue. It was always her family that made her so low in life.

"Why doesn't she want me?" She asked out loudly.

Logan was sitting next to her as he watched the young girl let out some tears. He didn't know what to say her, his parents never really liked him either.

"Wh-why don't they love me?"

Logan couldn't stand to see her eyes let tears fall, her nose turning a light red. Her sobs getting louder, he just pulled her in his arms.

He held her tightly, never wanting to let go of her.

thank you