"I'm fine," I shrugged. 

"Madison," he grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. 

"I'm fine," I replied. 

"I heard her," 

I looked up at him. 

"And I heard you too." I began chewing the inside of my cheek out of nervousness. "You really talked to my sister that way, huh?" he chuckled. 

"Look, I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so rude and snap at her like that but-" 

He cut me off, "You had every right to. Even I'm getting sick and tired of her demanding that we can't see each other. We can see each other if we want," he shrugged. 

"I shouldn't have been so harsh," I sighed. 

"She was being a bitch, Mads," he shrugged slightly. 

"Really?" I deadpanned. That's his sister, he has to be a little biased. 

"You could have been a little less harsh but, I'm glad you didn't," he said while pulling me into a hug. 

"Can we go somewhere tomorrow?" I asked as an idea popped into my head. 

"Sure, where?" he asked. 

"I'll tell you in the morning," I said while pulling away. 

"Is this another date?" he taunted. 

"No, not at all, it's a day out for me. You're just keeping me company," I pulled away and patted his shoulder. 

"I don't get a hint?" he chuckled as I put the last of the sheets into the file, and back into my bag. 

"Nope," I shrugged while leaning against my desk. 

"Would I like the place?" he asked while stepping closer, and placing his arms on the desk behind me, trapping me between him and it. 

"Yes, you will love it," I answered his question. 

"Alright then. What time are we gonna go?" he asked. 

"Say after lunch?" I asked and he agreed. 

"Are you gonna come downstairs for dinner?" he asked while stepping back.

"I think I'll pass tonight," I chuckled awkwardly. 

"Because of her? Mads, come on," he tugged at my hand. 

"I'm kinda tired, Jacob. Not tonight," I said softly. 

"Okay, not tonight," he shrugged before lying on my bed. 

"What are you doing?" I asked in confusion. 

"What?" he played dumb. 

"Aren't you going for dinner?" I chuckled while standing at the foot of my bed. 

"If you're not going then what am I gonna do with those three? Third-wheel with Nick and Riley or talk to Julia?" he rolled his eyes. 

"Talk to Julia, she's your sister," I huffed. 

"Oh yeah, I completely forgot, because that makes it so much better," he said sarcastically. 

"Just because your sister's mad at me doesn't mean she has to be mad at you," I arched an eyebrow at him. 

"Um- excuse me? Where have you been? She's mad at us for seeing each other," he replied. 

"No, she's mad at me for seeing you. You're her brother and she may be mad at you, but she's bound to be a little biased towards you," I explained.