Chapter 17

(Narrator POV)

"Ren, are you going to do anything today?" Antarctica said as he set a plate of assorted breakfast foods down on the desk in the hotel room, "Or are you just gonna lay in bed all day again?"

"That's the plan," Greenland mumbled, not even bothering to look at Antarctica,

"Will you at least eat breakfast please?" He asked, sitting down on the bed next to Greenland, "Ever since we got here all you've been doing is sulking."

"I'm not hungry right now." Antarctica frowned at the weak response, sighing, he stood up and pulled the curtains open, letting the light of the morning sun glimmer into the room.

"Stop being so stubborn, you can survive being out of bed for a few hours." Antarctica crossed his arms, "I have something I want us to do today that requires you to not stay inside the whole day. Besides, what good is laying around all the time?"

Knowing Antarctica was right, Greenland groaned and sat up, trying to block the light from hitting his face. "What are you even wanting to do exactly?"

A smile spread across Antarctica's face, and Greenland could've sworn Antarctica was blushing as he answered, "It's a surprise!"

"Oh really?" Greenland raised an eyebrow, not fully sure what to make of this 'surprise' his friend had planned.

"Yes," Antarctica beamed, "Now hurry and eat your breakfast then get dressed so we can go."

"Okay okay," Greenland couldn't help but smile a bit at Antarctica's enthusiasm, "Thanks Snowflake,"

Antarctica just sat down on his bed and smiled at him, only having a general idea of why he was thanking him, "That's what friends are for!" Friends...

---

"Are you gonna tell me where we're going yet?" Greenland asked while walking down the street with Antarctica,

"Mmm nope!" He grinned, putting his hands behind his back, "You'll just have to be patient!"

After another five minutes of walking, Antarctica stopped in front of an ice cream store. 

"Ice cream?" Greenland looked at him confused as to why they came out all this way for ice cream of all things,

"You never took me out for ice cream that one time, remember?" Antarctica stared at the ground, a faint tint of pink colored his face. 

Wait does he think of this as a date? Greenland immediately shook the thought from his head, nearly slapping himself for even thinking that.

"And I'm guessing this is to make up for it?"

"You could say that,"

Greenland stifled a laugh and opened the door for Antarctica who quickly went and started looking at the flavors they had. 

"Greenland!" a voice called from across the store, Greenland tilted his head to see Canada waving at him with Ukraine sitting on the chair next to him, busy stuffing ice cream into his mouth. Greenland gave a slight wave back, Canada smiled and gestured for him to come. "It's good to see you again."

"Good to see you too." Greenland stuffed his hands into his pockets,

"Hi Greenland," Ukraine said, "Did you come here alone?"

Greenland shook his head, "Antarctica's over there." he pointed back towards the register,

"Ah, are you two," Canada paused, "On a date or something?"