Sinking Into Insanity... Chapter 14: Interrupted

Chace's POV

I was surprised by the sudden news Trinity had brought to me, Alex was in the hospital. As soon as I could I raced to my car to head to the hospital. I was screwed and I knew it, I had fallen for his temptations, and when I believed, Trinity was the one, I was so wrong.

I had succumbed to my desires to Alex, but it was wrong, wrong in so many ways... Plus our relationship would never be approved of... I knew that a long time ago...

I slowly open the door and I find a peaceful Alex in bed, not a sight I wanted to see. I let out a choked scream, he looked so lifeless, so dead.

His eyes flutter open and he smiles at me, he waves me over. I come over and sit down in a chair to his right, my blood ran cold, and I fumbled with my hands nervously, maybe today was the day to finally confess...

"I was so scared..." I stared at anything but him, he looked so weak at that moment.

"Haha, I guess you really missed me, huh?" Alex throws a wink at me as well as a weak chuckle. How could he be so careless, to actually get involved with the wrong person and get tangled into a situation like this? It pained me to see him like this. I cupped his face in my hands and he looked directly at me.

"I have something important to say," his grey eyes bore into mines, they weren't as strong as they used to be.

"Is this about me standing you up? Because if this is, I'm truly sorry," he frowns as he apologizes.

"No actually this is something else... Alex, actually I-"

Trinity immediately comes in and ruins the moment, I immediately jerk away from him as quick as possible, I couldn't be seen, especially not with the girl I was dating at the moment.

Trinity gives Alex a big hug, "I missed you! Are you feeling a lot better now?"

"Yeah, I still need to stay here for a few more days here though, it's too plain... And boring," Alex wrinkles his nose in distaste.

I bit my bottom lip, I had to wait to tell him, and I also needed to handle the matter of Trinity, but then my parents would go ballistic if they have ever found out.

"So Chace, what are you here for? I didn't know you were close to Alex," Trinity asked completely oblivious.

"We just became a little more closer and started understanding each other more, that's all," Alex gave Trinity a small smile.

"I see, that's great though! I'm happy you guys are getting along!" Trinity smiles. She was so naive, maybe that's one of the reasons why I liked her so much... Because she was innocent unlike all those other girls who whored around. But all of those things were in the past, at this moment now, I was infatuated with this man that has deceived his best friend, as well as tricking me into falling for him.

Alex then turns his attention on me, "So what was it that you needed to tell me?" I couldn't help but stare at his lips as he spoke. Those luscious lips that I have tasted quite a few times already.

"It can wait, anyways I have to go now," I strode outside leaving Trinity alone with Alex. I lower myself down and plant a soft kiss on Trinity's head.

"Bye Trinity." My heart thumps wildly, I noticed. The air in there was just too suffocating, I let out a breath I hadn't realized I had been holding. I wasn't able to confess my honest feelings for him.

A pathetic sigh escaped my lips, I failed, but that didn't mean I was going to give up.

Alex's POV

I looked away from their kiss, it was unbearable to watch, it was like a tiny prick to my heart.

I looked at Trinity, "Well, I'm jealous..." I said with a sigh.