Sinking Into Insanity

She was bent over her deceased husband's coffin, her shoulders trembling, small sobs escaped her lips. He was all she had. He was the reason why she was still breathing now. A kind man that pitied the beautiful widow unknowingly approached her. His hand rested upon her shoulder. She turned, her hair falling into her face, her eyes blank, she was hauntingly beautiful. A crazed smile slowly crept to her face, an eerie grin that sent shivers down his spine. Her eyes, he noticed, had a crazy glint in them. She had drank it, the poison we call insanity.

I stood stock still at the shocking, yet disturbing sight in front of me. My mom was splayed across the bathroom floor in a crimson puddle, her black hair disarrayed on the stained tiled floor. The blood was still fresh from her slit wrist, beside her was a wicked razor that took away her life. I called the ambulance, but I knew she was long gone from this world. I crouched down and ripped my sleeve to wrap up the wrist where the scarlet petals gushed out.

I was alone. She committed suicide to join Father, I knew she gravely missed him, but I didn't know she wanted to join him. I was alone, vulnerable to this cruel, wide world.

I was sitting at the edge of the lake with a bottle of vodka in hand, having drank at least half of the bottle. It was to escape the harsh reality that I was always reminded of, to drown out my sorrows and grief. I let out a large belch after finishing the strong alcohol. My eyes were red and puffy from all my tears. I was a pathetic sight.

"Eww," a feminine voice said, I turned to find a girl that looked about 16. I checked her out like any guy would.

She had long, flowing mousy brown hair that went down to mid-back, full lips that were naturally red, a shade most girls couldn't achieve without the assistance of lip gloss or lipstick, her feet were adorned with Nike high tops that were a mixture of black, purple, neon blue and pink, a girly graphic black hoodie that was too large on her petite body fell to her knees, it was simply adorable, she also wore skinny jeans that outlined her nice, slim legs, but the best of all were her pure green eyes that could see right through me, so innocent and pure, yet very deep and clever, she was utterly breath-takingly gorgeous.

"Why are you drinking when you're underage?" she asked, sitting down beside me hugging herself to her knees.

There was something mysteriously calm and soothing about her that made me spill all my thoughts and feelings about the recent events.

I laid there, on the lush green grass, staring up at the beautiful night sky filled with many stars, I wondered if my parents were up there? What a silly thing to think, I was no longer the childish age of 8, but 18; old enough to face life and its many hurdles.

"Well, the past is the past, it's time for you to move on. You may not forget it, but remember to live in the present, not the past," she said after hearing my recent past events. She turned to gaze at me as she said all of this, our eyes were locked together.

"Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't be acting like this, I'm sure that's what my mom and dad wouldn't have wanted," I looked back at the sky. My parents had raised me better than this, I got up and disposed the alcohol I'd stolen from my their alcohol cabinet.

I came back lying down beside her, "I'm so pathetic aren't I? I practically explained my life story to a complete and utter stranger," I breathed chuckling humorlessly.

"I don't think so," she stared and I turned to look at her. "Yeah I think you're rather pitiful, but at least you have the courage to tell this to somebody. If it were me, I would've locked myself up in my room and be in total denial, I'd probably break down every time somebody mentions it," she said with all honesty.

"Really? I can't believe that, I think you're a much stronger person than that," I said straight forwardly. I saw her blush and turn away, that's probably the cutest thing I've seen.

I honestly didn't know why I said it, maybe it was because of the fact that she walked up to me on her own accord to talk to a random stranger that was publicly drinking alcohol. She had guts, most of the time, people would just stay away or just don't care.

"How can he say that without getting shy?" she muttered under her breath her face still flushed.

"Well okay, so tell me what's a girl like you doing here?" I asked changing the subject.

Her eyes got hard and her voice became cold," My mom is an alcoholic and she tends to... go overboard." But judging from her change of tone, I knew that the story was much more complicated than that, from how she became stiff it was obvious that it was a topic that should be left alone, at least for now.

"So you never told me your name, what is it?" I asked her.

A mischievous glint formed in her eyes, "I'll tell you the next time we meet, because it might mean it's fate and not just a coincidence."

"Okay, then what school do you go to?" I asked her, even though I graduated I could still meet her.

"I go to Croseford High, I'm a sophomore," she replied.

"What about you?" she inquired, looking at me intently.

"I graduated from Rosendale," I replied.

"Oh I know a guy that goes there, his name is Chace, he's my boyfriend," she said. I felt my heart sink at the word boyfriend, of course someone like her would have a boyfriend, she's a good person, her boyfriend is so lucky to have her. Somehow the name Chace sounded a little familiar though...

"Hey, you never told me you name either, what is it?" she asked breaking me from my train of thought.

"Oh, I'm Landyn Pierce."

"So Landyn, tell me about yourself," she said showing genuine interest in her voice.

"Well I work at Hot Topic in the mall. I hate two-faced people. I was actually named as a juvenile delinquent in middle school, plus an old lady labeled me as a thug for my appearance. It was actually pretty funny, in middle school I had dyed green hair spiked up in a fohawk, and I even had one of those spiked chokers, and my nails were even painted black. I intimidated over half of the school with my appearance, plus I started lots of fights, but I'm now in my normal appearance with my emo-styled hair and lip ring. I actually loved getting those strangled and strained looks from those uptight teachers and grown-ups," I said chuckling to myself as she watched me with amusement.

"When I first say you, I thought you were a depressed emo, minus the eyeliner, but I never knew you would be a rebel," she chuckled amused.

"Hey I'm not emo!" I exclaim slightly offended and flicked her cute little nose, and turned over.

"Hey! I'm going to get back at you for this!" she exclaimed. She rolled over to my side, but I got up and started to run away from her 'evil' clutches.

As we were running around panting, I had turned around to face her, so I was now jogging backwards, without knowing, I stumbled upon a rock and started to fall as she tried to leap away from me, I had grabbed her arm and pulled her down with me.

"Whoa!" she exclaimed as she fell on top of me.

I stared at her tempting red lips. Our lips were an inch apart. My arm was slung over her slim waist.

"You know Landyn, I had a great time tonight," she said staring intensely into my eyes. I had to fight down the overbearing urge to do something I would soon regret later.

"So did I, but I gotta go, bye," I pushed her off of me and left. She stayed silent. It was going to be dawn soon, the sun was poking at the earth, I didn't look back. I was afraid I would've stayed there forever, with her.

Trinity's POV

I watched his retreating back. It took all of my might to not run over to him, to hug his large and warm back, to whisper, "Stay with me, please."

He had way too much of an effect on me. I watched as he walked away, with my heart, as cliche it was...