Sinking Into Insanity... Chapter 6: New Beginnings

The brunette sat there in the hospital bed, a blank stare permanently etched onto her rather emotionless face.

A close friend of the poor girl visits her, she shows no emotion to the poor and concerned visitor. The sandy blonde starts freaking out at just the mere sight of her, she looked lifeless, like an abandoned doll.

Who is this deranged weirdo? The girl thought.

"Trinity, you don't remember me?!" the boy exclaims, bullets of sweat trickles down his handsome face. Worry clouded his stormy grey eyes.

Another boy comes in panting, his curly hair clinging to his face due to sweat.

"Do you at least remember him?" the sandy blonde inquires and points at the new visitor.

Her face is grim when she shakes her head, how would she know all these weird strangers?

They both gasp, their eyes widening. The doctor comes strolling in, wrinkles all over his face, a sign of his immense stress and his old age.

The boys start spouting out questions, but the doctor raises his hands, saying he'll explain everything.

"Trinity has lost 2 years worth of memories," the doctor explained, rubbing his temple.

"You mean... she has..." Alex the sandy blonde croaked, unable to finish his sentence.

"That's right, she has amnesia."

Chace's POV

Amnesia, the word echoed in my head. How had this happened to her? All I knew was that her mom was locked up in prison, something must've happened.

I took in her appearance. Her brown hair was matted to her face, her head wrapped with bandages, the shine in her pure green eyes dull and dimming, her once plump and red lip now pale and dry, her face a sickly pale. It looked like she was withering like a flower, but she was a flower, a beautiful, delicate one.

"Trin honey, are you sure you don't remember me?" Alex asks frantically, I watch as she studies him. Her eyes widen and her mouth opens, realization hits her.

"Oh gosh! Alex! I can't believe I've actually forgotten you for a second!" she exclaims and hugs him. I felt jealousy shoot through me, she had remembered him, but not me. A devious idea formed in my head. I could use her amnesia to my will.

"Trin, are you sure I don't ring a bell?" Secretly, I didn't want her to have all her memories, especially the ones with that jerk who broke her heart. I wanted her to live in happiness, and be spoiled with love, but the selfish thing was... for her to be with me and find it in me.

She shakes her head no, I instantly feel relieved.

"That hurts, I'm your boyfriend you know?" I couldn't let this chance go, I need her.

"A-are you?" she stuttered confused, in a way I found it adorable.

"I am," I show her hurt in my voice and eyes. She had broken up with me... for that man...

"How come I don't have memories of you?" she questioned, her eyes wide with curiosity, she was like a newborn puppy, curious.

"You're suffering from amnesia, but you shouldn't let that get to you. We can still make new warm memories," I responded giving her a sad smile. This was so low of me to use her amnesia to my advantage.

"I-I don't know, can we start as friends?" she said hesitantly. She had rejected me again. I felt pathetic, no matter how many advances, she still rejects me. Was I not good enough? Well obviously since you lied to her, that stupid little voice inside my head snorted.