Sinking Into Insanity... Chapter 16: The Confession

Trinity's POV

These days, Chace was acting so odd, and for some reason, he would avoid my eyes, what's up?

Today I decided to voice out my worries, "Hey Chace, what's wrong? You've been weird lately..."

He quickly snaps out of his trance, but he still won't look at me. My heart constricts. Did he not like me anymore?

"N-no!" he rushes. "I mean, no nothing is wrong," he tries again calmly. There was a noticeable edge in his voice.

"Well you know you can tell me anything right? We've been together for a while now." I said as I stared out the window.

"You can trust me right?" I asked for assurance and he nodded his head. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it giving him the best smile I can manage at the moment. Our relationship seemed to be falling apart when I had my amnesia.

"I'm sorry," I quietly whispered.

He turns towards me, "For what?"

"My amnesia, I feel like it's changed a lot of things... Like our relationship, it feels like it's crumbling," I replied back.

"No Trin, it's not your amnesia, I just have lots of things on my mind right now," Chace sighed.

I frowned knowing I couldn't do anything. Am I that unreliable? I let out a sigh and an awkward silence hangs between us.

"I'll be leaving now," I muttered grabbing my purse. I didn't look back, but I was hoping for a voice to shout 'Wait!', or a hand pulling me back or for him to chase after me, but he didn't.

Tears blurred my vision, our relationship was at an end. Days passed and I stayed cooped up in my home. I no longer cared about school. And to busy myself, I could only occupy myself with a full-time job. And only focus on my job, not on Chace.

Alex had texted me in the morning wanting to know why I was gone for so long. I decided to call him later when I had my lunch break at 12:15. Time idly passes by, and my lunch break finally comes. I decided to call him to tell him the full story.

He immediately picks up. "Trinity what's going on?"

"Chace and I... We're over..." my voice breaks.

Blair's POV

I honestly was a fool, and I could only blame myself for Adam needing his space. And I'm still failing that class because of Keith. It was time to just break off all ties. That we're nothing to each other.

I scrambled off the bed and pulled on some shoes on the way downstairs. I then walked over next door to talk to Keith. I rang the doorbell waiting for a few seconds before I heard the sound of footsteps approaching the door.

It was quite convenient for him to answer the door, because now I no longer had to wait.

"Keith, we both don't know each other anymore. So don't associate yourself with me ever again."

"You really don't know how much of a hassle that is. Would you be alright if Adam approached you and told you to stay away just like what you did to me?" Keith reasoned. But I wouldn't hear it, I simply walked off.

Alex's POV

It was cruel, I knew that, but I couldn't help but feel happy. It was finally my chance. I felt something for the first tilme since a while, maybe he was the one. Maybe this time I'm not ending up getting stringed along, I mean I knew he felt something. But was it strong enough for the both of us to be a couple?

"Alex?" Trinity inquired over the phone.

I let out a quivering breath, this could be the act that severs the friendship between both Trinity and I, but to me, love will always come first!

"I'm sorry." That was all I had to say before I picked up my keys to head to my car to get to Chace's house.

Chace's POV

I nervously paced before the door of my parents. It was time to break the news again.

I wait until they both wake up which isn't really long. I start to have second thoughts again, maybe I shouldn't tell them afterall... I clearly remembered what had happened before...

FLASHBACK

"Tyler! I'm ready to go!" I yelled. It was our first date and he had come to pick me up, as well as meet our family.

"Tyler!" I shouted as I went up the stairs to check to see if he was still there. I heard muffled voices in Blair's room and decided to check it out until I found a shocking scene. Tyler was holding Blair's arm over her head as he continued to strip her forcefully.

I felt my blood boil, how dare he use me?! I pulled him off of Blair and she hastily puts her shirt back on, luckily nothing had happened yet.

"Mind telling me why the hell you were about to rape my sister?" I growled in Tyler's face.

"I used you to get closer to your hottie of a sister," he spat in my face. But that wasn't all of it, "And you really are so damn naive, it makes me want to laugh." Hot blinding fury shoots through my veins as I smashed his skull into the wall seeing traces of red oozing out and spurting out profusely. But that still couldn't quell my anger. I punched the guy in the face multiple of times to the point where even plastic surgery couldn't even fix his disfigured face.

I flex my hands, I felt a thrill in doing this, I was all jittery with a new rush, it was a good rush, one that made me want to beat the man to a pulp that would send him to his very death.

I was about to make for another grab at him until Blair was holding me back. "Are you insane?! Do you want to be charged for murder!? What has gotten into you!?" Blair screamed.

My parents come in to inspect the damage. My father nods at my handiwork in respect whereas my mother gasped in horror. She quickly pulled out her phone to dial 9-1-1.

Afterwards I had gotten a serious talk from my parents and they both had agreed that I was forbidden to date men ever again.

FLASHBACK END

And I seriously thought I would stop falling for guys, but little did I know that, that would change after meeting Alex.

The door slowly opens and both of my parents come out looking refreshed. My mom gives me a beaming smile as she asks what I needed. I looked straight into their eyes.

"Mom, dad, I'm in love with a guy."