Sinking Into Insanity... Chapter 2: Fated Encounter

I stood there looking at her calm and peaceful face before closing the coffin. I could hear the pitter-patter of the rain, it dampened my spirit.

It's been two days since I last saw her, my goddess.

I left to go to my black Ford pick up truck to head to the mall, I was working an extra shift today at Hot Topic.

I was at the cash register when I saw a flick of familiar chocolate brown hair. She caught my stare and stared right back at me before turning to something her friend said.

"Chelsea, I'm going on a quick break!" I yelled behind my back as I chased after her, the girl I met a couple nights before at the lake.

"Wait Landyn!" I didn't hear the rest, I was focused on finding her.

I was panting when I found her, I grabbed onto her arm and she quickly elbowed me before turning around to look at me.

Man, I need to work out more.

I let out a groan as I clutched my stomach, elbows hurt.

"Oh my gosh! Landyn, are you okay? I'm so sorry! I thought you were a stalker," she gushed.

"Gee, thanks I love being called a stalker," I said grimly, sarcasm dripping off every word.

"Wait Trinity, you know him? Landyn?" a girl with the amazing woman I met two days ago questioned with a confused voice.

I looked up at the girl who was speaking she sounded familiar, oh great it was Blair, my ex.

"H-hey Blair," I put on a queasy smile as I stood up. How did the two know each other?

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

I was now sitting at a table in Starbucks, with my ex, Blair, and Trinity my recent love interest.

"So Blair how do you guys know each other?" Trinity asked.

"We dated, and now we're just history," Blair simply stated. Ouch, I winced, she's still as cold as ever, the only reason why she dated me was because she thought I was interesting to watch, it was one-sided.

"You're still as cold as ever, it really fits your image of the Ice Queen," I said steely.

"Trinity, how do you know him? You never told me," she demanded ignoring my snide remark.

"We met each other at the lake 2 nights ago," I replied, Blair glared at me and then turned to look at Trinity.

"Is that true?" Blair asked.

"Yeah, we talked that's all, no big deal," Trinity replied.

Well it was a big deal to me, I guess this was also one sided... It's so hard finding someone that's truly meant for you.

"You're not cheating on my little brother, Chace are you?" she inquired, suspicion lurking in her eyes. She had made it look like she was nonchalantly studying her finger nails when really she was glaring daggers at me.

It all soon settled in, Chace was her little brother. I remember her taking me to meet her brother while we were on a double date. Blair had a huge brother complex. He was a nice dedicated guy. Maybe slightly naive, but a great person. Though right now I envy him the most in the world.

"No, I'm not going to cheat on him," Trinity replied sighing. It was as if she had already went through all of this before.

"God, you seriously don't understand how much he loves you!" Blair snapped, tossing her rich blonde curls over her shoulder.

"That's not true, I-I do love him," she insisted. I felt my heart throb in pain, there goes that wonderful night down the drain.

Trinity's POV

As I said these hesitant words, I glanced at Landyn, a flash of pain and hurt filled his lovely ice-blue eyes. My heart ached, I felt guilty for leading him on.

"I-I have to go now," he muttered awkwardly. I resisted the need to pull him back down, my chest swollen from all the guilt and pain, he looked like a kicked puppy. I wished I could slap myself right now.

I felt Blair watch me with suspicion in her hazel eyes. I couldn't handle this anymore. I needed to break it off with Chace. I could already imagine the pained expression in his eyes, the strained and forced smile plastered onto his face, when he accepts my decision. I'm such a horrible person...

"You're not going after him?" Blair asked with suspicion. There was way too much tension for me to handle.

"There's no need to, plus didn't I say I was going to stay devoted to Chace?" It was a total lie and I knew it. Guilt ate away at me.

"Good, because he's mine." She glared at me before getting up with her latte and strutting out leaving me very confused. She was so cold to him, but now she's going after him? Some people are just so confusing.

My old Blackberry vibrated in my pocket.

"Hello?" I picked up.

"Hey Trin, it's me Chace, can we meet up at the park?" Chace asked. Now was the time I had to settle it.

"Sure what time?" I felt horrible, but it was the right thing to do, I thought I loved him during the time we went out but it was just puppy-love.

"I'll pick you up at 7:30pm," he replied. I could hear the excitement and happiness in his voice. He was like a devoted puppy to me.

7:30 came by faster than wanted, the park was the first time we met, it was where we shared an accidental kiss, our first one.

I was dressed up in a thin jacket, underneath it was a casual grey long-sleeved top, with skinny jeans and my favorite black, purple, blue, and pink Nike hi-tops. He appeared at my door. His blonde curls, straightened, framed his handsome face, his eyes gazing into mines intensely, his hazel orbs that would fill with heartbreak, his pink lips that will form a strained, non-genuine smile. It agonized me to hurt such a sweet guy, but all the sparks between us were dead and gone. He would be better off without me.

"Let's go Trin," he took my hand and guided me to his Jaguar, this was probably the last time I would be in his nice car.

An awkward silence hung between us.

"Is something wrong Trin?" he looked at me with sincere eyes.

"I-I'm so sorry, I'm such a horrible person, Chace, but we should break up," I said, I could feel my eyes burning with tears and, I let them flow.

"I-if that's what you want, then we're over, but one thing," he choked out.

"Yeah?" I looked up at him with my puffy eyes. I was drowning in my own guilt. He deserved so much better, better than what I could offer.

"Can we just be friends then?" I nodded furiously, that was probably the only thing I could do for him.

I told him to park the car and I ran out all the way home, sobbing all night.

Chace's POV

I drove home depressed, the heart-shaped velvet box heavy in my pocket, she had forgotten. It was our 2 year anniversary, but I guess we were never meant to be.

And the only thing I can think of was being friends with her to keep some kind of connection.