Sinking Into Insanity... Chapter 4: Jealousy and Insecurities

• Dedicated to Bri

Trinity's POV

Months passed with my heart racing rapidly, my insides melting at just a look and a mere touch, my lips swollen, my mouth aching from smiling too much. The symptoms of hanging around Landyn too much. Well I don't mind anyways. He's so sweet, yet he's such a tease.

We were at a burger joint, and he was singing horribly to the jukebox. I couldn't help but giggle. We were already done eating, but Landyn decided to stick around, to try out the old jukebox, we got plenty of stares though.

I felt my Blackberry vibrate, it was a text message from Blair. I wanted to delete it, but instead skimmed through it, curiosity got the best of me. My eyes widen, I let out an audible gasp.

Landyn stopped his horrible attempt at singing. "What's wrong Trinity?"

"It-it's Chace!"

Chace's POV

I was driving to my friend's house, when I got it, that one single text.

'She moved on...' I read and then looked at the picture that was attached. I was devastated. It made me hurl into someones car, and made me risk my life. I passed out by the time I heard the sirens.

I was on something soft and cozy, I could hear soft mutterings and whispered prayers, a warm hand clutching mines. I heard the beeps of machines, that's when it hit me, I was at the hospital.

Landyn's POV

I didn't like it. How Trinity was grasping onto his hand, murmuring prayers, saying how it was all her fault. Ok I admit it, I was jealous, but who wouldn't be when the love of your life is holding her unconscious ex's hand?

I watched as his eyes fluttered open, she let out a cry of relief.

The scene replayed in my head.

Flashback

We had rushed to the emergency room, when Trinity had received the text. Chace was in a car accident, it reminded me of how my dad died, except he was the victim, not Chace. I closed my eyes in pain.

Trinity had asked how'd it happened and the doctor showed us Chace's cracked phone. It was what was on the phone that made me infuriated. It was a picture of me and Trinity...kissing. It was sent by a private number. What kind of person would send a picture of someone's ex kissing a person other than them?! They were the reason why Trinity and I were here.

Flashback End

I looked up at them. Chace was smiling, he had a look in his eyes, a look that people in love would have. I felt my fists clench, but I let it go, I couldn't hurt an already injured person. C'mon Landyn, just wait you can sock the kid later when he's discharged, the devilish conscience in my head reasoned. If you do Trinity will be very disappointed, my angelic side warned.

"Landyn, Landyn? Do you mind getting me a bottle of water?" Trinity asked.

"Sure," I plastered on a fake smile. I didn't trust that boy, but I had faith and respected Trinity enough to leave them for a bit to get a water bottle.

Chace's POV

This was probably my last chance near her, Trin, my goddess.

Her emerald eyes were glazed with concern, how I wanted to gaze in them longingly, her face flushed with worry, her brunette hair descending past her shoulder, how my fingers ached to rake through the silk upon her head, and her lips moved, but I wasn't listening.

I cupped her face in my hands and...

Landyn's POV

My hand brushed against the handle, it was silent, I peered through the tiny window, the bottle in my hand dropped.