Chapter 23: The Prison of Reunion

Start from the beginning

"What do you think their talking about," I asked, coughing into my arm due to my dry throat.

"I don't know..." Lloyd mumbled, placing his palm on my forehead.

"What are you doing?" I sharply questioned, confused.

"Just making sure  you don't have the coronavirus, you've been coughing a lot," Lloyd informed me.

"Uh- what's that? I think I'm fine, my throat is just dry," I told him, swatting his hand away from my face.

"Oh... is it because-" Lloyd looked at me sadly, glancing down at my throat.

"Yeah it is..." I stated, not wanting to talk about it any longer, "That's besides the points, where were you? It wasn't you at school, was it?"

"N-no... That was Morro," Lloyd took my hands in his, "Y/N I'm so sorry I put you through all of this, this is all my fault! I should've protected you or fought harder against Morro's possession."

"Possession? Oh that's right! You- you were... You're skin Lloyd is so pale!" I let go of his hands and touched his jaw, inspecting his pale skin.

"Yeah, heh, I haven't seen the sun in about a week now," Lloyd dryly chuckled.

My eyes widened, "W-what?"

"It isn't that bad down here though," Lloyd pulled out of my touch and went to sit on the small ledge that acted as a bed in this dirty cell. He patted the seat next to him for me to sit, "You grow accustomed to it, it's much better than up there with... him," Lloyd pointed to the ceiling.

I took a seat next to Lloyd and rested my head on his lap while he played with my hair comfortingly, "What's going to happen to us, Lloyd?"

I glanced up at Lloyd, admiring his ruffled hair and warming forest eyes. Lloyd looked back at me with a soft smile, hugging my torso closer to his body, "I don't know but I promise, whatever happens, I'll keep you safe, I won't let them hurt you!"

"You really promise?" My eyes fluttered into Lloyd's longing gaze.

"I promise on my life that I will defend you Y/N, from this day forward for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part." Lloyd vowed, lovingly looking at me as I sit up from his lap, his cheeks dusted with light pink.

I giggle slightly, punching Lloyd's shoulder lightly in the process, my cheeks also strawberry, "Take me on a date first, then we can joke about wedding vows and marriage. Oh gosh, I'm hopeless, I've just realized I've been trying to ask Morro on a date all week! Goodness, I'm such a terrible girlfriend, I'm so sorry Lloyd."

Lloyd chuckled, hugging me as I dangled my feet off the side of the makeshift bed, "It's ok, you didn't know, besides I think I want to be the one to ask you on our first date,"

"Girls can ask guys on dates too you know!" I gasped, pretending to be offended by Lloyd's words.

"I know, I know! I just, want your first date to be the best and you not have to worry about making sure everything goes right! I'll put that burden on me!" Lloyd informed.

A guy came in dressed in some kind of shark suit, one of Garmadon's minions. He was holding to trays of stale bread and water, he opened our cell door and set the two trays on the ground. He looked back up at me and Lloyd who were sitting on the stone bed, hugging.

He coughed awkwardly to get our attention, we both looked at him our faces red as we jumped out of each other's embrace, "Eat up, their taking you in 30 minutes," the minion said locking the cell and walking out of the prison.