Prologue: Don't Let Go

"You have the right to lose control

"You have the right to lose control."
•••

He was too close.

And he still looked so good.

The smell of him still made me weak in the knees.

My head was starting to spin at the overwhelming emotions drowning me without mercy as those eyes moved knowingly over my face. He bit his lip, ones that had haunted my dreams for the better part of a year, and my breath caught in my throat as I acknowledged the fact even silently in my head.

"Marcus you know I have a boyfriend." I whispered. But who was I reminding: Him or myself? He chuckled before answering. His voice turning me on and over like he was the key to unraveling every part of me.

"Then why are we here, Jalyn?" He asked and I gulped as he got closer. The way he said my name still sent me toppling into the sweetest momentary abyss. It was like the deep rapture of the subtly erotic caress of my favorite slow love song. His careful strides were purposeful now, while mine became more feeble and weak. As he took a step forward I edged myself back as my breath labored with the incessant beating of my heart while he spoke.

"I don't know," I said truthfully.

Actually, was it the truth? Did it count as a lie if I knew deep in the breaths of my soul like the melody to his favorite Anita Baker song the answer to his dangerously freeing why?

"You know why, but won't say it so I'll do the honors. You and your little boyfriend are cute. I must admit it. You're shy and quiet. He's respectable and honest. You're patient, submissive to contentment and he's non pressing, committed to playing safe. You're the physical therapist and he's the doctor. On paper y'all make so much sense with no explanation, but Jalyn Elisha Baxter, you know in you mind, body, and soul that off paper it doesn't match up. You know that nigga will never be enough for you. He'll never be me," he spoke slowing down towards the end in a spine tingling low baritone as my back met the railing.

But oh no, he didn't dare stop. I had to fight the moan in my throat as he stopped just short of me. He hadn't even touched me and my skin was on fire as if he'd blissfully heated every part of me. Seeing the red tinge of my brown skin he smirked as he encapsulated me against his body making me gasp.

Making me long deeply for what I wanted.

His body pressed into mine as his arms extended with my own across the railing as my hands gripped the cool metal for dear life. His hands rested firmly atop them- the contact sending shocks up my arms. My legs bent against my will and spread apart as one of his knees came between them giving him enough bend to meet my eyes as he squatted down pressing into my lower body just enough. I was scarred to breath. Scarred to let him hear my soft moan and know more than he already did just how badly he was affecting me.

He smiled, but not joyously. It was séduction in the twist of his lips, it was need in the brown chocolate oasis of his eyes, it was his overpowering yet lethally silent love that spun through us, and I wanted it all. I wanted to drown in every rhyme and caress of every poem he had to give.

"You're here because you know that, baby. You are shy and quiet, but you love to get loud and press buttons you know only you can. I'm a beast that likes to push back and bring the fire out of you not to ever disrespect you but to show you the power of your own voice. You thrive in that. You're patient, but you love being submissive to me. Me and you aren't the safe option. We're the most perfect thrill ride, and we're both addicted with no need for help. I'm the former drug dealer who'll never lose the street in him, and you're the good-girl who loves riding beside me. With me. Me," he said with a chuckle as his face trailed so close up my neck and to my ear .

I lost the fight between myself and my breathless moans as his words brought fourth memories I longed to forget, but had felt so good they'd engrained themselves into my bones so I never could. I could feel his breath against my skin, but his lips never touched me. He stopped at my ear before he chuckled again. Before he sung me to my undoing.

"You and me are perfect flames with self supplying oxygen. Orgasms that don't need touch. Volcanic eruptions when we do. Chocolate and caramel melting together in the sweetest brown harmony that always has me beggin to simply taste. You were made for me Jalyn Baxter, and I was made for you. You know that we are made for each-other, and I swear I'm not letting you go," he growled before his teeth nipped my ear. With a gasp my body moved against his leg. I moaned as the light friction frizzled my mind, but I stopped once his face came back up over mine. I looked at him, my lips trembled.

My heart cried.

For him.

But still I said:

"I have a boyfriend."

"Then why are you here?" He pushed undeterred, unwavering in my weak pushes against our rising crescendo.

We stared until he willed me into the most beautiful submission I had missed more than anything as one his hands came down my body is torturous slow strokes down to my back and right atop my behind guiding me sinfully closer.

"Because I have a soul mate," I whispered against his lips that hovered over mine.

"And who is he?" He demanded, not asked.

"You," I whispered. In an instant his lips that tasted like cocoa, smooth as butter, thickly made to satisfy the fullness of my own, kissed me so slowly with so much need that I collapsed completely under his spell cutting any chords or hopes for me to be saved.