Chapter four: Next

Alex was up early trying to figure out what to do about Blake and the note. Alex decided to write a note reminding Blake about their elementary years. After she had finished, she realized that it was still too early to leave. So, Alex forced herself to unpack her suitcase. It was mainly clothes for the weekends, when they didn't have to wear uniforms, and special occasion outfits. In the last suitcase, however, Alex had asked Schofield for help in deciding what decoration she should pack. Most of it ended up being their trophy collection. Alex had just finished stringing lights around her room when a knock came from the door.

"Alex, are you up yet?" A voice came.

Alex looked at the wall lock as she walked to the door. It was still too early to head over to class. Alex opened the door.

"Morning." Schofield said.

"Hey." Alex Said letting him in.

"You didn't put your hair in a bun this time." Schofield admired.

"No, I went with this simple ponytail." Alex smirked.

"You've decorated?" Schofield said "And put up the trophies."

"Yes, I had to do something this morning." Alex said sitting on her bed.

"Hmm. Announcing the MVP of this year's soccer team is drum roll please. Oh, look it's Alex! Who would've guessed? It's not like she was MVP the year before, or the year before or even the year before that! But that's not all folks! Noooo, Alex rolls in with another Cross Country meeediiiaaaaal." Schofield dramatically announced.

"Are you done waking up the neighbors, yet?" Alex sarcastically remarked.

"Umm, Yeah. Your turn." Schofield said pulling Alex to her feet.

"No, no no." Alex said.

Schofield took Alex's place on the bed.

"Go on." Schofield said.

Alex sighed.

"Who's that coming up to the stage? Why, it's only the famous Schofield winning his fourth actor's medallion for his stunning performance of Romeo in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Let's not forget, of course, that this same famous act has also won first place in the state spelling bee four years in a row and was VIP of his Brian Ball team that won nationals! What an accomplished student!" Alex announced in dramatic fashion.

"Will you two SHUT UP!" Came the annoyed voice of Alex's roommate.

Alex and Schofield looked at each and burst out laughing. Alex sat next to Schofield and rested her head on his shoulder.

"What is wrong with us." Alex laughed.

"Us? What's wrong with you." Schofield smiled, pushing Alex up, "Come on, time to go."

Alex picked up her backpack and followed Schofield.

"Do you think we should sing tomorrow for your dorm mate or should I bring tap shoes?" Schofield asked.

"What?" Alex laughed, "neither. Tap shoes? When did you get those?"

"It was a birthday present from last year." Schofield answered.

"I think you are the only guy who would rather get shoes for his birthday than video games." Alex remarked.

"Well, there aren't just any shoes. They've got taps on them and I'm pretty sure, I'm the only guy you know." Schofield said.

"Good point." Alex said, opening the door to the hallway.

"Not as crowded as yesterday." Alex wondered.