Chapter three: Alex, Blake and Schofield

A distance knocking entered into Alex's subconscious. The knocking became louder and louder until Alex realized She wasn't dreaming of it.

"Who is banging so dang loud?" Alex called.

"It's Schofield. It's 8:30, school starts in 30 minutes." Schofield called.

"Aw, man" Alex mumbled realizing that she was still in her pjs.

"Can I come in?" Schofield called.

Alex snatches her uniform hanging on a nearby hanger and dashed into the bathroom.

"Yes." Alex answered.

The door creaked up and Schofield stepped in. The bed was a tangled mess of blue sheets and purple cover.

"Where are you?" Schofield Asked.

"Bathroom. Changing." Alex answered.

Schofield leaned against the wall and looked around the bleak dorm room. The walls were a light shade of tan and looked like it could use some pictures to hide the imperfect painting job. The closet door matched the color of the cycling, white. Alex had laid out a small blue circle rug by the closet door and stretched just under the bed. A moment later, Alex stepped out of the bathroom, tying up her hair in a messy bun.

"You look well rested and I love the new hairstyle." Schofield admired.

"Blah, blah, blah, keep talking like that and I will give you a haircut just like this." Alex shot back.

Schofield chuckled, "here."

Alex took her backpack from him and put it on.

"Why haven't you decorated or hung any of your things?" Schofield asked as they exited the dorm.

"Let's see. One word, football game." Alex answered, adjusting her backpack strap.

"That's two." Schofield corrected.

"Correct me again and I will punch you in the shoulder." Alex said, struggling to straighten the strap.

"Face." Schofield said, untwisting the strap for her.

"What?" Alex asked.

"Didn't you mean the face? Punch you in the face?" Schofield asked.

"Are you correcting me again?" Alex said.

"No." Schofield replied, trying not to smile.

"Why- yes you were." Alex said, lightly shoving Schofield.

Schofield shoved back harder. Alex pushed back and tried to smack him, but Schofield moved out of the way and started jogging down the hallway.

"Hey! I wasn't done." Alex yelled, chasing after him.

They ran all the way to the main building's doors. Schofield stopped to catch his breath.

"Alright, Alright. I'm sorry." Schofield painted, putting his hands up in surrender as Alex ran up.

"Giving up Already?" Alex smirked.

"Yes. I'm not a runner like you." Schofield answered.

Alex lightly smacked him on the back of the head.

"Ok, I kind of deserved that." Schofield said.

"Kind of?" Alex said.

Schofield shrugged and opened the door. Inside was a hum of activity and excitement. Students were congratulating other students and talking about lunch.