11. Reunion

"Truth will always be the truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance." -W. Clement Stone

The next couple of days Oliver kept bugging Hannah, accompanying her on the errands and she made sure to lengthen everything till dusk so he wouldn't take her to any more sightseeing. Oliver was playful and friendly never once crossing his line. He always stood at his place as a Lord, an aura of regalia to him.

Hannah was having a difficult time keeping uninterested and stoic facades while she was amused by every single thing out there. Oliver was the only one who seemed unaffected by her past after Lady Caro, treating her like any other ordinary person. And her cold walls were starting to melt.

All her errands were completed after 3 days of running around London, the shipments were already on their way to Raymond's. She was going to miss Lord Oliver's company much to her annoyance. Since the day she arrived, he was always present around her one way or the other. And today was her respite before leaving for Raymond in 2 days. She was going to spend the remaining time with Mrs. Morrison and Laura and Missy, who had become her friends in these last days. 

"Hannah," Laura said knocking on her door.

"Laura, come inside," She said opening the door, "I was coming to you. Today is my free day and I decided to spend it with you and Missy before leaving for Raymond's."

"His Lordship has asked you to get ready and meet him outside," Laura said her face falling, "I thought all your errands were over, we were looking forward to spending time with you, Hannah."

"My errands are over," She said puzzled, "Do you know why did his lordship ask for me?"

"He asked to prepare carriage too, I believe you have to accompany him," Laura said still upset.

"Where is his Lordship? I will speak to him, I am sure he doesn't want me to accompany him," She said comforting Laura. She was on the way to his bed-chamber when Mr. Morrison intercepted her.

"Miss Hannah, what are you still doing here?" He asked," Didn't Laura notify you of his Lordship's request?"

"She did. I ..."

"Then what are you doing here? His Lordship is waiting for you outside in his carriage," He said not at all pleased. She reached the carriage outside in no time.

"Milord," She said peering inside the carriage where Oliver was hiding his face behind the Ledger.

"Ah, Miss Hannah, you are here, please get inside," He said smiling his most charming smile.

"What is this about?" She asked skeptically.

"Please step inside the carriage, Miss Hannah and I will answer all of your questions," He said hiding back behind the Ledger once again.

Hannah couldn't believe he was acting like a child.

"Milord," She called him again without any response from him.

She kept standing anger rising in her when she noticed the carriage driver standing there awkwardly. She wanted to storm back into the estate, his estate. She didn't have the privilege to disregard the lord of the manor.

She sat in front of him seething with anger which she didn't try to console. A moment later the carriage started to move and he was still hiding behind the Ledger fueling her anger more and more.

Without thinking she snatched away the copy of Ledger from him revealing his smiling face aware of what he was doing.

"Miss Hannah," He said excitedly.