🌙 4🌙

Time : (4 AM)

Sleep eluded me throughout the night, leaving me a nervous wreck. I could feel my inner wolf growing restless as well. We had been having trouble communicating lately, and I couldn't fathom why.

The moment had finally arrived. I gathered my things, dressed in skinny jeans and an oversized black hoodie, and donned a black mask. With that, I left my apartment.

The ride to our destination felt like a roller coaster. My emotions were all over the place. It was a mixture of anxiety and excitement, with butterflies swirling in my stomach. My wolf and I were equally restless.

Music Bank

I found myself standing in the front row, behind some barriers, surrounded by photographers. It seemed I'd managed to get here, perhaps because I had a camera in hand, but my real focus was on the entrance from which the idols would emerge and enter the building.

While I was somewhat hidden in the crowd, I could still catch the idols' attention in front of me.

Suddenly, I smelled an enchanting scent , that of the wild pine trees in the winter morning , the freshness and slight smoky feel to it was exhilarating . My wolf practically purred at the scent as i turned my attention towards the entrance.

Despite the cheers and screams of the fans, it was as though I couldn't hear anything. My heart raced in my chest, and my wolf was on edge.

Then, seven boys appeared between the barricades. However, my attention was solely fixed on the last person. His eyes were squinted, as if he had just woken up from a nap, his unruly red hair making me yearn to run my fingers through it. Everything happened in a heartbeat when our eyes locked, and my wolf shouted at me.

MATE! MATE! MATE!

My eyes started to glow in an icy blue color, and Jungkook, too, held my gaze. His eyes widened upon seeing my glowing eyes.

But Jin noticed Jungkook's distraction and looked in my direction, causing me to try to hide, although I suspected Jungkook had already seen me. Jin then turned back to Jungkook, giving him a small smirk with raised eyebrows.

I remained there, watching him, capturing photos and smiling at the camera. He posed with bright smiles in the morning, occasionally glancing in my direction.

It was an indescribable feeling—him looking at me, smiling at me. Yet, I couldn't return the same smile because I was trapped in a trance by his stunning presence and the knowledge that he was my handsome, talented, sweet, and kind-hearted mate.

But soon, it was time for them to enter the building. As they disappeared from view, I couldn't put into words what I felt. I felt an overwhelming sadness and an irresistible urge to cry.

I longed to be near him, to hug him, to tell him how amazing he was, to shower him with my love. Yet, I couldn't, because he couldn't feel the same way about me—he was human.

These were the difficulties Jihoon had hinted at that day.

With a heavy heart, I slipped away from the crowd. My wolf whimpered and pleaded for me to go back to Jungkook, but I knew it wasn't possible for either of us.

It was as if my entire being was shattering, and these emotions eventually led me to shed tears. I couldn't understand what was happening to me; this wasn't like me at all. Perhaps it was the bond, forcing me to act this way.

Dejected, I soon reached my apartment. I didn't want to do anything but curl up and cry, so that's exactly what I did. I called in sick and texted Kira that I wouldn't be coming to the shop today. I spent the entire day lying in bed, listening to Jungkook's beautiful voice.