London

Today was so fun, getting to show Kurt around London. It turned out that the only times he's been here to perform he never really had time to explore the city before going to the next one, so I got to show him most of london for the first time. It was an unusually gorgeous day for london, almost t-shirt weather levels of warm.

I took him to look at Tower Bridge, then Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament where we cracked a few jokes about John Major and Margaret Thatcher, I taught him about how the British government worked and in turn he taught me about how the US government worked. Then we took the tube to Camden, where the journey made him choke on the fumes. He liked Camden and I liked being able to see it before the tourist shops stole half the area.

Seeing London in 1994 was so vastly different to 2018 London. It was incredible to see the fashion, the lack of phones and the general different atmosphere to the city. It was one of the things I'd always dreamed of, getting to experience my city in the past. And now, somehow, I'm doing it. Very surreal.

Kurt had handed out a couple autographs and even taken a few photos with people, but he was generally left alone. I guess nobody expected Kurt Cobain to be in London, or perhaps it was just English politeness allowing him to be left alone.

After exploring Camden and forcing Kurt to buy a London shirt and mug, we realised the time and quickly went to get something to eat. We went to Pizza express, somewhere Kurt hadn't been before either.

"Trust me Kurt, you are going to love these pizzas, they're magnificent."

"Well, I look forward to it then. Which one do you recommend?"

I pointed at my favourite and suggested the thin base, and we ordered that, a plate of dough balls and a bottle of cheap wine.

"You're also gonna love doughballs. They're so so good, they come with this garlic sauce and taste absolutely grand. Trust me."

Kurt liked the doughballs so much he wanted to order another plate, but I told him to wait for the pizza.

He begrudgingly agreed, but when the pizzas arrived he forgot about it fast enough. He loved it. By that point it was 6:30 so we paid, Kurt gave one of the waitresses an autograph and we hopped back on the tube.

Oh my God. I'm about to see my favourite English band ever. Live. In 1994. OHMYGOD.

I grabbed Kurt's hand.

"We are about to see the most amazing band in the history of British music since the Beatles Kurt. Are you ready?"

He just smiled and nodded. Meanwhile I was about to cry.

"And we're about to meet them too Eff."

"Oh my God I'm about to see my English favourite band with my favourite American musician. What the fuck."

He just patted my back and laughed at me freaking out. I think he understood what a big deal this was for me and just put up with it. Bless him.

We hopped off the tube at Tottenham Court Road and walked down to The 100 Club.

"This is a legendary venue y'know. So many legendary musicians have played here. Muddy Waters, The Kinks, The Who, The Sex Pistols, Siouxie and the Banshees. The list goes on."

"Wow."

One word can say a lot.

We were stood outside the venue just soaking it in when I pulled out my disposable camera to take a picture. I asked someone passing by to take a photo of me and Kurt hugging under the sign stating in big bold letters who was playing tonight.

Oasis.

Short chapter today, decided to leave it on that note. I wanted the band to be a surprise!!!!! EFFYS GONNA SEE AND MEET OASIS YALL CAN TELL WHERE THIS IS GOING

also do you like the new cover?