Chapter 11: Rueful Night

Chapter Eleven

The rest of the week went bye fast. Everyday I hang out with the guy's (like usual) . Then had practice, went home, did homework, and went to bed. I saw Mat everyday, before and after school. He did his best to not have me think about my father. It's now Friday, the day of homecoming game.

"Ready? For the game tonight?!" Nate yelled as he got out of Mats car. "I'm more ready, for the girls." Mark said. "Dude, don't forget the party after is at my house." Chris reminded us. "Rose, you better come this year." Mark scolded. Both Mat and Tyler scowled at him.

"I'm not going. You know those party's aren't my scene." I said. "Yeah, I haven't once see you drink." Nate said. "And it's going to stay that way." I said annoyed. Most of the guys know I don't drink. I hate when they say something about it. "But why?" Nate continued obviously not getting the hint. "Nate enough." Mat said annoyance poring from his voice. "But..." "Dude, shut the fuck up. Take the hint." Ben interrupted. "I'm so pumped for the game tonight." Some girl said from under Ross's arm.

It never fails he always has a new girl every week.

Ring ring. Someone phone was going off. Ty took out and answered it.

"Hello?" "Yeah, she right here." "What? How?" "Yeah, we will go home during prives today." "No I'm not telling her that, it's your job." "Bye dad, love ya." I could only hear Tyler's half of the conversation, but I knew he was talking about me. "What know?" I groaned. "We have to go home second pried. Mat you coming with us?" "Do you want me to?" "Yeah, you defiantly will be needed." Ty said.

************************************************************************************

After first period

"Do you want me to drive?" Mat asked. "No, you can drive the way back." I said getting into his truck. "Guys, lets all go into my car." Ty said running to us. "Ok." We said and walked to his car.

Finally, we got to our house. In tTyler's spot was a Jaguar. "Oh my what a great car." Mat admired from the front seat. "It most be the layers." Tyler mumbled while getting out of the car.

"You must be Rosy." A woman said as soon as I walked in. She had long brown hair in ringlets. She had a black dress on and red heals. "Must be. You are?" I asked. "Rose, you can't help your self with the sarcasm. This is Mrs. May." said James. "I'm your lawyer. I'm going to help make a restraining order against your father." She said with a smile. "Oh ok. Well when is he getting out?" It can't be soon, I mean James just told me. I at least have another month.

"Tonight."said James. "When?" I said in nearly a whisper. "Tonight, honey, that's why I want to get this restraining order done." Mrs. May said sweetly. "Tonight?! That awful monster gets out tonight!" I said screaming. "Yes, so.." I interrupted her by screaming. Not really by saying an words just screaming. Then running the up stairs. The closer I got to my room the more my vision faded. Clear images replaced by tear full smudges. I made it to the top of the stairs and fell.

No one called to me. No one ran after me. I was all alone. On the top of the stairs, crying. I could hear foot steps getting closer. The closer they got the more I thought of hope. The more I stopped thinking about how bad life is. Maybe it will be ok. If I have a restraining order he won't touch me, right? "Rosy, baby, are you ok?" Mat said coming to my side. He sat down and I put my head on his shoulder. "Yeah, it was just a shock." "Yeah." I understand that." After sitting there for five more minutes, we finally walked down stairs. Hand in hand.

"Ok, let's get this down with." I said sitting down on the couch. "Ok well, I did most of the work already. It's approved by a judge all you have to do is sign right here. Ok, well this will be in affect by tomorrow." "Ok, thank you." I said standing up and shaking her hand. "It's a privilege to help, I pretty girl like you." She said then left.