Chapter 8: Magical North Poll

Chapter 8:

Tyler was walking directly towards me completely ignoring everyone else calling to him. "Thank god your ok." He said when he got to me, giving me a huge hug. Which is very odd for him, because he counted me as a best freind more then a girl or a sister. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said giving him a look that said 'What the Hell?"

Automatically, as soon as Tyler let go, Mat through his arm around my waist, again. It was like they were protecting me and I was somthing breakable. Eyeing them both, "Guy's what's going on?" "Nothing." They said at the same time. "What ever!" I yelled annoyed and stormed away.

I could tell they were hiding something, like they were afraid. What could make them afraid? What do they know that I don't? I can't help but hate when they hid things from me. More importantly I hate of being thought as breakable, like anything could hurt me at any moment.

Taking out my phone I text Mat.

Me: What's going on? Please tell me.

Mat: I will. After practice at ur house. But can you come meet me by the flag poll. I really want to see you.

Me: Yup.

With that I was heading to the flag poll in the middle of the campus. My school consisted of four buildings, all in a circle formation. In the center of the circle was a flag poll.

Right next to the flag poll was Mat. With His bright blue eyes and spiked black hair. He was standing there looking shy and nervous. His faded jeans and mourn t-shirt, made him look even more perfect then he already is.

I always was just one of them. They are all my freind, but that never stopped me from knowing how attractive they really were. Mat was different, I knew he was attractive, but I didn't want to know. I thought I had a better shot in hell then I did with, Mat. So I never really looked, but know knowing I can look and I have a chance. I can't stop admiring how perfect he truly is.

Finally, I got up to him. "I'm sorry." was the first thing he said. "Why?" I said thinking the worse. Like he didn't want to go to homecoming with me or be my freind anymore. "Honestly, I don't know. My mom always said to apologize to a girl when she is mad." He said giving me a lopsided grin. "Well, I'm glad someone finally counts me was a girl." I said trying to make a joke. It ended miserably. He looked at me concerned, more then he already was. "We think of you as a girl. You just don't act like most girls. So we talk about trucks,and play in mud with you. All of us would never lay a hand on you to harm you. If anyone did, I'm betting the whole foot ball team would kick their ass." He said looking down at me and stepping closer. His gazing holding mine with intensity. "Your the teams diamond. Look soft and small. But is strong, I know I don't have to protect you, from guys at school but I want to. Rosy, I was going to wait for homecoming, but I don't think I can. Will you be my girl freind?"

My heart stopped. The world stop. People froze. Hell defiantly froze over. The most perfect guy in the whole world, just asked me out. Me! A tomboy football player. A girl who's dad tried to kill her and mom died. He just asked me out.

Things unfroze. My heart started beating again, but fast like it was racing. Words wouldn't even come out of my mouth. So instead I stood on my toes and kissed him. It was a sweet simple kiss, but the most perfect thing in the world. "Is that an answer?" He asked looking down into my eyes. "Yes. I'll be your girl freind." I say barely above a whisper. He herd it though, I could tell by how much his face light up. "Well, schools about to start. What class do you have first?" He asked while grabbing my hand.

"Algebra 2" I said still in a daze. Snickering he said, "Isn't that for sophomores and juniors?" "Yeah, well you know very well that math and I don't get along." "That's an understatement. You and Math are like fire and gasoline. To much and someone could die." He said through laughter. "Hey, I didn't kill anyone." "No, your right, just threatened." He said sarcastically. "Well, you guys are the one that offered to help." I said defensively. "If I didn't I would be wrong for not offering." He said looking at me like he was trying to get my logic.

"Mat, honey, don't even try your not going to understand my logic." I said while turning outside of my class door. "I like that." He said in a whisper. "Like what?" "Both, you saying Mat honey, and not being able to understand you." "Well babe, hope you like them a lot, cause its all you get." Before he could respond our friends barged into the conversation. "Wait, did she just say babe?" Nate, Mats younger brother asked. "Are you to going out?" Chris one of the other guys asked. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know you tell me." I said and kissing Mat. After we pulled away the boys where staring at us. I didn't pay any attention to them, "After class meet me here cause then we have privies." "Ok, well you better get to class cause we both know you need as much math as you can get." "Why do you want me to blow up the world?" I asked. "Deffenntly." He said with sarcasm dripping from his voice. "See, I knew you have always had a dark side." I said with a smirk. "You have know idea. Ok I'll see you at the end of this class. I have to go to calculus or Mr. Jackson will have my head." He said giving me a kiss on the cheek. He turned and left, the other boys were still standing there starring at me.

"Dude, knock it off. Lets get to class." I said hitting Nate in the arm. The three of us walked into class together. I hate math but its an ok class because Nate and Chris are both in the class. Being the fact that Chris is a junior, and Nate is a sophomore, just really smart in math. Trust me, all he understand though is football and math. Explaining why I was in the middle of math, explaining to him that there wasn't actually a magical poll at the north poll.

"Nate, there's not an actual magic poll in the ground at the north poll." "Yes there is, how else do you think Santa knows were his house is." "Santa? Nate your a sophomore in high school." I said trying to understand his ignorance. I was failing miserably. "Rose, you aren't making sense. Of corse there is a magical poll at the north poll." "Chris, help me on this one." I said practically begging for someone's help. "I've been trying to explain this to him for the last two years. You're on your own for this."Chris said turning around.

"Ugggh." I groaned laying my head on my desk. "Rosy, is everything ok?" Mr. Mock asked, when walking around to see if we are doing the work right. "Yeah, I think so. Did I do this right?" I asked pointing to the work sheet. "Yeah, that's it. Why were you groaning?" He asked looking at me warmly.

"She got irritated trying to explain to Nate that there's no magical poll at the North poll." Chris explained to the teacher. "What?!" Mr. Mock said through laughter. "He's logic is that it marks Santa's home." I said looking up at him. My eyes begging for help. He broke into laughter again, "Best reason for students not to paying attention in my class." That's why I loved Mr. Mock. He was a young teacher that understood students don't sit there only thinking about math the whole class.

When the bell rang, I made Nate wait with me for Mat. "Mat, will you please explain to your brother that there's not a magical poll at the North poll." I said when he walked over to me. "Will you please tell your girlfriend that the magical poll marks Santa's house." Nate said before Mat could explain. "This is what you to do during math? No wonder why you don't understand it." He said laughing at us.

"Take that back. Guess who got a hundred on a math quiz?" I sang. "You?" "Nope, Nate, but I got a 91 which is exciting for me." I said. "You got a 91! That's great! We got to celebrate!" Mat said throwing his arms around me in a hug. "Sure, what to go to the cafe?" I asked while walking to the office. I don't know where Nate went he must have left in the middle of me and Mat talking.

"I was thinking a picnic. In the courtyard."he said looking down to me. "You brought stuff for a picnic?" I asked questioning why he would have picnic stuff in his truck. "No, but I have a blacket from the drive-in, and we could get sandwiches from the cafe." "Ok sounds good to me