| ㊉㊄ |

꧁꧂

ㅡ Jungkook's POV ㅡ

It's evening. A couple of days have passed since we decided to stop anything that was about to arise between us. We understood that it's not worth it to risk the friendship that binds us to create something else.

We were already fighting over stupid things ... and we weren't even a couple.

We are enjoying the last days of your vacation, as before. He's better now, he doesn't think about his parents often, or so it seems. But at least I don't hear him cry in secret like he did before and this is worth more than anything else.

The atmosphere was strange between us in the early days, we were both cautious about how to behave and what to say. We also avoid showing ourselves naked between us ... there is a sexual tension left, it will take a bit before it disappears completely.

Now we are more relaxed, but it happens that we exchange a few glances. A look that we interpret it one way: what if we try again?

The same glance that we are exchanging now as we walk.

No, we can't do it, he knows it too.

He looks away smiling faintly as if he has heard my thoughts.

We climbed a mountain together to take photos of the landscape, the sun is setting and the quiet of the woods relaxes our soul.

《Should we take a picture to remember this summer story of ours?》 I ask him.

《Yes, but in my way.》 I look at him confused.

He removes his camera from his neck, handles it for a while, and rests it on a rock, leaving it standing with the lens towards us.

《It's making a video, we pose and then we will take a screenshot of the video.》

《Wah, you're brilliant.》

He smiles at me pleased. We pose with our backs to the camera and take my camera and pretend to take pictures at the sunset, Taehyung does the same with his phone and takes a picture of us.

As we finish we watch the video and he takes a couple of screenshots. The best is one that captures the light of the sky, a celestial that is turning blue, the orange of the sun blends perfectly in the middle of those dark colors.

The sun is slowly breaking down, it's the second sunset we see together. Things have changed a lot between us since last time, we just kissed at that time, indeed he kissed me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Taehyung raise his face to the sky, I turn to look at him. He looks at the sky that is becoming starry and then closes his eyes.

《What's on your mind?》 I ask.

He takes a shaky deep breath from his nose.

He returns with his face down, his gaze wanders the landscape.

《I'm scared.》

《About what?》

《As soon as I set foot at home, everything will return as before.》

He keeps his head down.

《All the memories and negativity will come back and I won't be able to do anything about it.》

《You will still have me and I will always be your compass, Hyung.》

He smiles faintly at me, his gratitude for my words. I never thought of repeating them, but they went out without thinking twice because it's the truth. We are not lovers, but I am his friend and I will never give him up in times of need.

The silence falls between the two of us. Not the embarrassing one, but a serious one, one of those where everyone thinks about the deepest things in their lives.

《I don't want to go back.》 His voice breaks.

《Neither do I.》 I snort.

《Should we going for a walk?》

I nod. My gaze falls on his hand, he is offering it to me to walk together. I take it and we go into the woods, we walk on a path that I had never seen.

It's so silent, only the birds in the trees are heard that whistling, before going to sleep. It seems they are singing the melody of my heart. The feelings of the moment are brought to reality thanks to them.

At one point Taehyung stops, releases my hand, and stared somewhere, after he takes his camera, approaches the zone he was staring at, and takes some pics. With my eyes, I follow the point where he is photographing.

He is photographing an open pitch in the middle of trees, in the center there is a large stump of a probably centenary tree that has been taken down. It's so large that at least three people could sleep on it. It's a pity that it has been eliminated from the human, but its stump continues to live, if not for itself and its leaves, it lives for others, giving refuge to small animals, other plants and the fungus that grow on it. It gives a sense of immortality.

I look up to the other trees that dominate this forest. The leaves follow the direction that the wind imposes on them. It s fascinating to see how nature changes, it's never the same.

A bit like us humans. We change, we evolve, we learn from our mistakes, and from the people around us. But it is important to understand what you really want in your life and I was confused all this time. I said I wanted him. I was convinced of it, indeed I am convinced.

If he is a broken compass that has lost his direction, I am his captain lost in a ship, looking for his compass.

In the end, the place he belongs to is always found and I belong here with him now.

《I always think back to what we could have been.》

His voice brings me abruptly to reality, so much that it seems to me that all the thoughts I have had so far come out of my head and that they are tangible to him.

《What would you like us to be now?》 I'm curious, I want to know what he thinks about it, even if I'm a little afraid of the answer.

He smiles funny, the kind of smile that says "really can't imagine it?".

《This.》

I know what he's going to do, his body turns to me and his hand takes my face, his lips rest on mine. For a kiss so sweet that it makes my back shiver.

Should I reject him? But I really don't want to. I grab his neck to push him towards me and deepen the kiss, attacking our bodies.

We take a moment to look at each other in the eyes, he caresses my face and rests his forehead on mine. We close our eyes, our breaths are in sync, his thumb continues to caress my skin.

《It's okay if we hurt ourselves, it's worth it,》 he points to me and him. 《It's really worth it, Gukk.》

《Do you really think that hyung?》 My heart is beating like crazy.

《No matter where it takes us, let's enjoy the moment, let the ship on the high seas take off and sail where it wants. We are on that ship, I don't give a shit if our compasses don't work.》

His words strike me straight to the heart. It's as if he had truly felt my thoughts just now.

I don't answer him, but I make our lips meet. He smiles on my lips, he understood my answer.

《Your parents aren't there, should continue everything in the house?》

But what if it was all a mistake?

꧁꧂