| ㊃ |

꧁꧂

ㅡ Taehyung's POV ㅡ

《Can you cook?》

I shake my head in denial.

He snorts, yanking his arms up. 《We're screwed.》

Jungkook starts to work immediately, he commands me as a chef and gets pissed as one. In the end, he gives up and leaves me only the task of cutting vegetables, he realizes that I'm a total loser when it comes to cooking. We decided to make rice with vegetables, a dish according to him simple, but that I wouldn't even know where to start if it wasn't for him.

He complained that he has to do almost everything, I ignored him. But in the end, he is putting so much attention on the dish.

For now, only the typical noises of a kitchen are heard, I focus on the sound that the knife creates when it hits the cutting board. There is a strange tension in the air and I want to run away.

The anger of before did not go away, it still throbs inside my veins. I don't know how such a stupid idea came to him.

Jungkook clears his throat as if he were about to say something, but in the end, he says nothing. Throw some salt into the boiling water and then he turns to me.

《You did the same thing with Chaerin.》

《What? What has she to do with this situation?》

His jaw contracts.

《She always has to do with it, Taehyung. When she didn't give you what you wanted, her affection, you took it out on her.》

《You have a distorted memory, I see.》

《I remember well that stupid pact we had made.》

I raise my eyebrow. 《Yes, that you broke first.》

《We didn't go all the way ...》he confesses in a low voice.

Jungkook, Jimin and me agreed on a brotherhood pact where we wouldn't try to have sex or any intimate things with Chaerin. But it ended badly. She found out and got so angry, plus, almost all of us betrayed.

But if Jungkook says he didn't do anything with her at that time they were together, that means ...

《Are you still virgin?》

I ask surprised, I knew he was a virgin, but I thought he had lost it, or at least that he had done something with Chaerin.

Before answering, he prepares some sauces to put on the plate he wants to make.

He nods to confirm my hypothesis, but he's not embarrassed. It's something he doesn't give so much weight, unlike me and Jimin who wasted our first times with random girls. Jungkook cares about his virginity. More unique than rare, it's a mentality that I respect about him.

《My point is that destroying all those things hurt me.》

A wave of guilt hits. I'm stupid, no, I'm a fucking asshole. How did I not think of him too?

It was a gesture to help me, to make me feel better and what did I do?

I'm doing the same thing as Chaerin, I'm only thinking about my feelings, not caring about others.

But he is also suffering, he also loved Chaerin and doing such a thing after everything he's doing for me was a very serious mistake.

He is suffering in silence because he thinks he cannot afford to suffer. And it's my fault.