Leaving for A Rotten Summer

Draco had been by my side all year. He helped me through my hardships.

And I helped Draco fight battles with Harry. While sad, it was worth it.

***********************************
Gryffindor had won the house cup, because Dumbledore just had to give them extra points.

***********************************
We were on the train home. Draco and I were sitting next to each other on the train.

"Hey, are you okay?" Draco asked me.

"Um- yeah, just tired." I said, lying.

"You wanna lie down?" He asked.

I nodded and put my head on his lap. He stroked my hair and I heard Draco shush Crabbe and Goyle.

"We know you like her!" Crabbe said when they all thought I was asleep. "Yes, I like her, and we have already talked about it." Draco said.

"What did she say?" Goyle said hopefully. "She told me that if we were gonna have a relationship, we would try and start it next year." Draco told him.

"That's a great start! Who knows where that will lead you!" Goyle yelled. I sat up, "Great, Goyle, you woke her up!" Draco snapped.

"Draco, calm down, I heard everything. I wasn't sleeping," I told him the truth. I could tell he was embarrassed.

"I have to go change, be right back," I said to Draco before I got up. I walked out and I saw Harry. "Hey, I know what it's like to have no parents and I-" "We have been over this! Leave her alone! All of you! Don't you understand? She doesn't want to talk about it!" Draco heard Harry and spoke.

Harry stalked off. "Looks like I'm gonna have to escort you everywhere, huh?" I rolled my eyes and nodded.

I walked to the bathroom and shut the door. I got dressed quickly and Draco led me off the train. I discovered my stepmother was waiting for me.

"Y/n, darling! Oh, how I have missed you! Are you ready to go home?"

"Who says that is my home?!" I blew up and Draco ran towards me and pulled me over to his parents.

"That is enough! Let's go! You do not have permmission to go to the Malfoy's Manor!" she hissed.

I walked with her and saw Draco mouth, "I'll come get you!" I was angry. She didn't have the right to me!

************************************************************

Back at 'home' I was miserable. She even told me she was trying to make me miserable, that she didn't even care.

"You are a despicable human-being!" I yelled. She cackled, "And you are a disgrace to witches! Now go to your room!"

I was here for a week, and Draco still wasn't here. I stomped up to my room. Hopeless. My life was over.

Knock, knock I looked outside my window to see Draco. "Grab your stuff and I'll help you get out of here!" He whispered.

I nodded. I ran and got all my stuff. He took it and put it all on the ground. "Now you!"

He grabbed me by the waist and lowered me to the ground. She was in the garden! "Young man, young lady! What do you think you are doing?" she ran at us. Draco and I grabbed my stuff and ran to his manor.

We rushed inside to see loads of people. "What are you doing Draco? Why did you rush in? Y/n? What's wrong?" Narcissa spoke to us.

"I'll explain mom, she is not happy right now." "I can tell, and why are you so filthy? What did she do?" Narcissa was getting angry.

"One, we rushed in because she was chasing us. Two, I just saved her. Three, what's wrong is that y/n is being abused by that wretched woman!"

"I need help. She said I wasn't allowed here anymore.I need to hide!" I screamed.

"Draco, take her to your room. Hide her there. We have to go to the ministry. I have to tell her that I sent her back to the mansion. Code word is: quidditch."

Draco and I ran upstairs to his room. He quickly rushed into a small closet pulling me in as well. When I said small, I meant tiny!

However, we both had enough room to stand next to each other. "Hey, stay quiet, I know you are scared. Don't worry, I'm right here."

I was crying, I was scared, paranoid that she would find us! I heard someone open Draco's door. "Quidditch!" I heard Narcissa whisper. We opened the door and Narcissa took us downstairs.

She apparated us to the ministry. I couldn't breathe. I was terrified. "Don't worry. I wouldn't have brought Draco if I knew he couldn't comfort you."

Draco looked at me and hugged me closely. I flushed in embarrassment. Then, I felt the colour drain from my face. There behind Draco, she was stomping toward us.

"Excuse me ma'am!" I heard a man say. She turned. "What are you doing?" He finished. "Getting my slave back!" she glared at me.

Draco pulled me towards a hall as she chased us. He ran us into a room and closed the door. He locked it. I hugged him.

He looked at me and kissed me. I pulled back after a moment, "So, um, what is this roo-" I turned around the see a room full of crystal orbs.

"This is the Hall of Mysteries. This place is full of prophecies! Like, Harry's!" he pulled me around and we found it. It read off the prophecy.

"It should have yours too. I might as well tell you, since your dad can't, sorry again." He led me to a row. Entirely empty, except for one.

"Let it read itself, then you can talk." Draco said. Then, it started, "One fate awaits the dark lords kin, with a wand of mahogany 11 inches. Pain and sacrifice will slowly begin. Piece by piece the life will shred, looming death into thyne head. Keep your secrets buried deep, for you will awaken the devil from his sleep. Do not wish for it to change the world will soon know her name. If she is good she will spare many lives, but if she gets lost she will die. the dark one doesn't just choose. There is a reason. He. Chose. You..." I heard everything. "Wait! I am supposed to help, Voldemort?!" I asked Draco. He nodded.

"This is what everyone tried to tell you this year." He told me.

I was, bad? This wouldn't be good.

*****************************

That's the end of book one! I hope you enjoyed it! You are aware you are not friends with the trio, so you were not with them when everything happened. Thank you for reading! I will be starting the next book soon! Thanks, the author!!!