I snorted, "When have I ever 'waited up' for you? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

"You clearly haven't spent enough time with Jason, then."

"Clearly, I have been spending too much time around you. At any rate, I don't care what you do tonight. I have my own plans, too."

"Okay, then," He said, casually. 

"Okay, so you can sit your ass back down in your desk like a regular person and actually pay attention for once."

"Whatever, nerd."

"Wow," I said in a dry voice. "I feel so insulted."

He rolled his eyes as he slid back in his desk. 

"Miss Spencer, if you're going to talk in my class, then please leave. You are clearly becoming a distraction to your classmates."

Nearly every other kid in the class turned to look at Carson and I. Resisting the urge to crawl into a hole and die, I tried to come up with something to respond with. Before I could open my mouth to speak, Carson had beat me to it. 

"Thank you, sir," Carson spoke up, shooting me an evil look. "She's been bothering me all class. I can't hear a word you say."

I rolled my eyes as I stood up from my desk. Like anyone would believe his self-righteous act. 

"Shut up Daniels. You can get out too."

I didn't even try to hold back my laughter, and full on cackled as the smile dropped from his face. "But-"

"Out!"

*           *           *

"Okay," I said, a big smile on my face while he looked at me like I belonged in a straight jacket. "I've got chips, pretzels, and my A game! I'm ready."

I held up the bags, showing Dylan the variety of foods I brought in order to cater to everyone. I wasn't dealing with a delay in gameplay because someone wanted spicy instead of salty.

Dylan rolled his eyes, but was also having difficulty in holding back his laughter. He looked around the parking lot, as if to make sure no one saw how ridiculous I was being. However, the only people around were the other girls on the soccer team, most too excited that practice had ended to pay any attention to us. 

"Mads, I think you like Family Game Night more than my mother. And I didn't think that was possible."

I shrugged, "Well, when my parents retire and have a schedule that allows for planned weekly events, you're more than welcome to tag along."

He averted his eyes in a guilty manner, "Yeah, that's the thing."

"You better think about what you're about to say, Dylan."

"Well, Ian's just gotten home from college," He started. 

"Choose your next words carefully."

He scratched at the back of his neck. "And Emily's bringing her new boyfriend as well. So, um, I think it would maybe be better if you sat this one out."

"Dylan! I'm part of the family!"

He sighed, "I know, but-"

"You're mom likes me better than you." I only said it because I was running out of other defenses. It was true regardless.

He rolled his eyes, "I'm aware of that. Speaking of, she bought a sweater that she thought you would like, next time you come over."

"Perfect. I can grab it after family game night."