random

basically, i saw other people do this, so I'm doing it, too. here's a random list of facts about the characters/the drafting process. enjoy.

1. Madeline's draft name was Addison. Carson's draft name was Carson, and I meant to change it.

2. There's like four different background characters that were subconsciously named after Adrien Agréste.

3. Dylan was born in Canada. Also he's half-spanish on his mother's side. idk why, but both of those are inarguable. 

4. Zach's breakup with Luna was supposed to be caused by him cheating on her for a second time. However, I didn't want to make Zach an asshole, and I thought it would be more interesting if Luna's paranoia ended the relationship.

5. It's probably very basic of me, but my favorite character is Dylan, hands down.

6. Jason was a leash kid.

7. Carson knows a bit of ASL (yes, there is a story behind it).

8. Zach loves PawPatrol, but he swears he only knows what it is because of his little sister.

9. Jason was very close to not making it into the final draft. lol

10. If you give Dylan an instrument, he probably knows how to play it, but he refuses to play for anyone.

11. I never considered a possibility where Maddie and Carson (concretely) ended up together. It seemed too simple, so it couldn't possibly be them. 

12. Katie originally had a much larger role in the story, but my irrational fear of children made me decide against that. 

And last but not least, the one I think is the funniest one of them all:

(you're all going to absolutely hate me)

(are you ready?)

(i don't think you're ready)

(please don't be mad)

13. I seriously, like seriously seriously, considered having a romantic relationship between Dylan and Jason. . .

I was really so close to making it happen, but I think how their personalities develop throughout the story makes a romantic relationship between them very unlikely to work. At least in high school. 

And because I know that some of you hardcore ship them, just to put the nail in the coffin: 

(you guys are going to hate me even more)

before I had fully abandoned the idea of them, I actually started a draft for a spinoff about the two of them. (i may or may not still have it).