40:

A/N: Thank you all for being patient, sorry for the long wait. These last few weeks have been insanely stressful for me and, unfortunately, I just keep getting busier and more stressed out 😙✌🏼

Also, there's a time skip between this chapter and the previous of about a month or so. 

That's it. Love you all <3

(Also the fact that there are now over two thousand of you following me is ridiculous. go home. love you.)

________________________________________

"I'll ask her out," Dylan declared, starting to walk in her direction. 

"Now, wait a minute, I spotted her first," Zach argued, grabbing Dylan's arm and pulling him back into the circle. 

Dylan rolled his eyes, "Dude, this isn't the sixth grade. You can't just call dibs."

The month of July had passed by rather quickly, and with senior year now less than two weeks away, the six of us decided to take a road trip to Hilton Head and rent out a beach house for the week as a final hurrah. 

Anyways, today we were spending the day at the beach. Luna and I had just come from swimming– strutting out of the water like the fucking goddesses we are– to join the boys at our little area in the sand where they were playing their "intense" game of Spike ball. 

However, when we had caught up with them, they had all been distracted by a girl a bit further down the beach. Now, they were all arguing over who got to go up and talk to her. 

I shook the water out of my hair and made my way over to Carson as Jason practically shouted, "Let me ask her out! I've never asked a girl out before, and I wanna know what it's like. Let me experiment!"

"That's literally such a waste!" Dylan exclaimed. I rolled my eyes as they continued to argue over her like she was a prize or something. Honestly, they were acting like she wouldn't reject all of them anyways.

"Please, step aside, boys. Let a real man show you how it's done," Carson boasted, puffing out his chest. 

I snorted, "Oh yeah. Real man, okay."

"Shut up, you brat," He retorted, throwing an arm over my shoulder. 

I rolled my eyes, "You still have a teddy bear and you refuse to eat chicken nuggets unless they're the ones shaped like T-Rexes. You're about as close to a real man as Zach is to graduating high school."

"You're an ass," Carson responded. 

"At least my face doesn't look like one."

He scowled at me, "No, you're right. You're face doesn't look like an ass. It looks like a baboon's ass."

"And they say modern romance is dead," Jason cooed. 

Dylan cut us off in a tired tone before I could say anything else, "I thought that you two being in a relationship meant we wouldn't have to put up with your fighting anymore." 

"You should stop thinking," Carson responded.

"Anyways," Zach said, changing the topic. "It shouldn't be you, Carson. Your girlfriend is standing literally right next to you."

Carson turned to look at me, a small smile playing on his lips as if asking permission to go hit on another girl. You see, this could go a few ways. 

Option one: I let Carson try to ask her out, he fails miserably, we all laugh at him and I win. 

Option two: I let Carson try to ask her out, by some miracle she finds him charming, she asks for his number, and Carson wins.

Option three: I don't let Carson go, Dylan or Zach ends up asking her out, she falls in love, gets all clingy, follows us back to North Carolina, and we're all forced to move to Kalamazoo, Michigan and change our names.