I stepped closer to Jonah, my gaze piercing his. "You cannot tell anyone who I am. If you do, we leave. We won't raise a single finger to help you when Hunters attack, just like none of you raised a finger to help me." The words were raw and harsh, poison coated each syllable.

My black heels clacked as I marched towards the door. Suddenly Jonah spoke, causing me to stop in my tracks.

"I wasn't going to tell anybody." His voice was feeble and submissive, as if he were talking to an alpha. I placed my pale hand on the intricate golden doorknob, wrapping my fingers around its vintage oval shape. I sensed the presence just outside the door, waiting for me to come out.

Deciding that the he had endured enough of my anger and bitterness, I calmed my voice. "Thank you Jonah," I murmured before exiting, leaving a very quiet and thoughtful Beta.

Closing the door, I was met with sharp green eyes that sparked concern like fireworks.

"What did he want?" Amelia probed, her eyebrow arched. I shrugged as I heard her accusing tone.

"Nothing," I said smoothly. "He wanted nothing." I didn't listen for her response; I was already halfway down the hall.

~oOo~

"We need to talk." I turned to find myself face to face with Peter. His inky hair fell messily over his eyes, giving him a brooding look. Despite his tiredness, I witnessed a faint glimmer in his eyes, most likely due to Skylar. He must have spoken to her recently, due to his enlightened mood.

"Yeah sure," I replied as I followed him into the forest. We had been in the Blue Moon pack for three days. Everything was peaceful, quiet. As far as I knew, no wolf recognized me, aside from Jonah. Since our excuse for being here was to train the pack, The Resistance had to maintain our cover. The Beta and I had spoken further in order to discuss the training schedule. In these discussions, I had bonded with Jonah's mate; Meera. She was a new from a small pack in Florida. I had taken quite a liking to her company, despite the circumstances. All except for the time she told me I would make a great Luna. I didn't talk to her for a while after that.

Apparently I gave off a Luna aura to the pack, which would explain everyone's sudden friendliness to me and not the rest of The Resistance. It would explain why Jonah was so submissive during our chat in the Alpha's office. Despite Zane's rejection, the Luna aura must have stuck to me, causing all the wolves of Blue Moon to show unrequited affection and loyalty to me. Despite the respectful, awed manner the pack treated me with, Sammi was often shunned, her being the only vampire. The werewolves of The Resistance were welcomed slightly more, but only on mine and Jonah's command. Sammi on the other hand avoided contact with the pack wolves at all costs. She often suffered mild headaches due to the 'dog scent', which caused her to stay in her room or in the woods all day. The Resistance wolves had acquired a tolerable scent to its vampires, but Blue Moon wolves were overwhelming and distasteful in Sammi's opinion. I sympathized with her suffering, but Sammi was tough. She had live through worse. I admired her for it. 

After approximately 6 minutes of treading after Peter, I spotted the rest of The Resistance all gathered in a tight circle. Elle and Amelia stood together, and Sammi patiently waited in the corner. The redheaded vampire watched Peter spitefully as we joined the circle. I stared at her questioningly. Her eyes softened as she acknowledged my arrival, signaling that she wasn't cross with me.

Peter ignored our exchange and sighed. "Sammi gathered us here, because-"

"Because we are wasting time in this damned pack!" Sammi burst out suddenly. Her stance was ridged, anger clearly displayed. I stiffened in shock as Amelia narrowed her eyes and stepped forward threateningly. Elle's glossy pink mouth fell open in astonishment. "Sammi!" the blonde scolded. Sammi turned towards Elle, her emerald eyes blazing with frustration.