Chapter 2

Picture to the right is Peter and Amelia!! The scene is from Heroes the tv show with Hayden Panettiere and Milo Ventimiglia. I do not own that picture.

Runner

It had been a year and 3 months since my exile. 

Approximately, 2 months after I had left the pack territory, I had found another home. It was late fall, transitioning into winter. I was cold and I was homeless. I had no one. I belonged nowhere. No one wanted me; I was a runt to society. I had no files, no records, no IDs for job applications. The pack never kept such paraphernalia. Pitiful little me, was plodding across New York when I found a home in The Resistance. 

Peter and Amelia Shay, Sammi, Angela Castillo and Elle Travis made up The Resistance. They found me in their path as I was crossing into New Jersey. 

The group had decided to accept me into their group when I exhibited my measly fighting skills when Angela attacked me. They had told me I was good, but needed proper training. I was hesitant at first, but despite my wariness of strangers, I accepted. 

The Resistance is made out of 5 members (now 6), all different types of Beings. 

The leader, Peter Shay is a werewolf, like me. So are Amelia and Elle Travis. Angela Castillo and Sammi are the vampires of the group. And no, there are no werewolf/vampire rivals within our little clan. Those were myths made up by imbecile humans. 

The Resistance is a group that travels the world, pursuing major Hunter cults; the organizations that track down werewolf packs and vampire clans and assassinate us, due to their benevolent claim. We save the lives of innocent Beings. Each member of The Resistance had their own story to tell. Their own reason to hate the Hunters with a passion. 

Peter's entire pack was killed by Hunters, all except Amelia who was a mere infant at the time. Francesca, Peter's older sister hid tiny little Amelia within a bread basket as the Hunters came and slaughtered their pack. Nine year old Peter hid inside a cupboard as his family was assassinated. It was after the massacre, he heard his niece Amelia's hungry wail. They have been inseparable ever since. 

Angela Castillo had lived in Texas, four years ago. Yes, that may seem a little odd. A vampire living in Texas. But she was old, and had been trained to resist the burn of the sun. One day, Hunters invaded her clan and managed to kill her mother and father in the middle of a feed. Angela had been with them, nearly killed as well, except the wooden shuriken barely missed her heart. She survived. Her vampire genes allowed her to heal from the wound, but her parents were too badly hurt, the shuriken too accurate. They were dead. 

Sammi had a complicated story. She had become infatuated with a man she met a few years prior. They kept seeing each other after that eventually fell in love. Deep love. To the point of marriage. Before the wedding, Sammi had felt the need to tell her fiancé the truth about her. She told him she was a vampire. The man was astounded, but he believed her. The wedding was deferred, so that the groom could get used to the idea that he was living a twisted, backwards Twilight life. Or so Sammi thought. A few nights after, the man walked into the apartment they both shared, with a smile on his face. She greeted him with open arms. They hugged a sweet, loving hug. A reconcile embrace. Then he stabbed her in the back. Quite literally. A wooden stake, cut right through her spinal cord and passed her chest, sticking out the front. This wound was violent enough for Sammi to black out from the splinters of wood in her system.  

The man was actually a Hunter, although neither knew of each other's true identities. Both were heartbroken, as their love could never be. The Hunter dragged Sammi's unconscious body to a nearby forest. Assuming she was dead, he dug a ditch and threw her six feet under. She wasn't dead.