Chapter 7: Then Things Got Worse

Phew!! Chapter 7 already? And 81 reads? That's crazy! Anyways, enjoy this chapter!

"What the hell man?" Dean stood up abruptly as Castiel scrambled up. "You got anything to say for yourself?"

"I can explain-,"

"Save it!" Dean spat, and the angel fell silent. "You can't just go peeping into my dreams like that! What, were you bored or something?"

"N-no. You were smiling in your dream, and I wanted to see what you were so happy about..." Looking back on it, Castiel realized how horrible that idea was.

"Well, that's horrible! Why would you make yourself a stripper in my dream, huh? Don't you think that's a bit cruel?" Dean crossed his arms.

"I didn't have any control over that." Cas admitted. "Usually when I watch in on a dream, I'm just a bystander. But, for some reason, I was whatever I was at the time." He thought for a moment. "Maybe, your mind controlled where I went,"

"I wouldn't make you a stripper, dude, I'm straight! I'm not into guys!" His heart thumped loudly in his chest, and for some reason, what he said felt like a lie.

"Well, what you think isn't my problem." Castiel snapped. "You can't get mad at me for being curious."

"Yes, I can! You need to learn to respect my personal space!"

"If you didn't have anything to hide, you wouldn't need personal space."

Dean was taken aback. "Are you accusing me of hiding things from you? I barely know you! I've only known you for 3 months!"

"And in that time we have been sharing residency, telling stories, and you've been dreaming about me." Castiel frowned. "Ever thinking we could have gotten along was a big mistake on our part. I think it would be better if we didn't speak to each other."

The human didn't say anything, instead just looked at the frowning angel in front of him. His eyes burned, but he contained himself. "Fine." He spat. "Get working on something to get us out of here. Being in the same room with you now makes me sick." There was some truth to that statement, in fact. Whenever Dean got close to Castiel, his chest tightened as he felt like he wanted to throw up. Even so, he didn't take back what he said.

Castiel was hurt by the sudden change in Dean's normally happy demeanor. It was shocking, to say the least, but what he said was just too much. With a flap of his wings, he disappeared from the cave. He was going to track down the demon who stole his ticket out of hell, and make sure Dean got out safe, then he'd never have to be hurt by him again.

_______

About a month later, Dean was getting worried about Cas. He hadn't returned to the cave for days. Dean was having a lot of trouble with his drinking habits now, and he had no supervision from the angel, so there was no reason for him to stop stealing drinking liquor and chugging down 3 maybe 4 bottles a day. He often passed out while halfway through a bottle, woke up, and finished off the rest of it. All he had to tell himself was, "It's five o'clock somewhere on earth," and he would down another whole bottle. Often times, he forgot he was angry at Cas, and he continually asked himself why he wasn't here. Why the angel had left without a single word and still hadn't returned. Dean often looked at the hand print Castiel had left on his arm...4 months ago? Had it really been so long? Was he going crazy? Maybe the alcohol had done something to his brain function.

Dean tried to sit up, but his head was pounding loudly. Noticeably cringing, he laid back down on the cold stone floor. All he could think about was Castiel. Maybe what I said was too harsh. He though to himself. What if he got mad and just left me here to rot?