Chapter 4: Crippled

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Namjoon was snapped out from his trance from the sound of (Y/N) coughing loudly. He peered over the window, seeing blood on her hands from her previous cough.

"I-it's nothing," (Y/N) tried to explain amidst crouching on the floor from her aches. "I climbed a tree earlier, I was being reckless."

"(Y/N)! You knew what Daniel's orders were: no physical activities. At this point you'll never heal."

"It's nothing, it's just blood."

"Ugh, why must you be so stubborn? Stay put and sit down, I'll go fetch him, again."

(Y/N) gives a weaken smile as Jihyo left.

"It isn't proper to eavesdrop a conversation," (Y/N) looks up at Namjoon's direction, finally seeing the man who's been listening to their discussion. "She's gone, you can talk to me."

He looked better than what she thought he would look. He looked handsome and beneath his lavish clothing, created by a fabric that represents his wealth and status, told of a lean and healthy body. His expression appeared to be serious but it wasn't unkind.

"If you don't mind, what is your name since you already know mine," she jokes and coughing afterwards.

"Kim Namjoon," he answers.

"What else?"

"I'm afraid I don't understand, that's all of my name."

"What is the rest of your title, Namjoon? I can tell by your clothing that you are just more than that."

Namjoon smirks playfully. "Well... I'm Kim Namjoon, the King of the Western Kingdom, where golds, silver, and metals are plentiful, making my kingdom the second richest of the 7."

"Nice to meet you, your majesty. Would you like to come down?" She suggested because looking up to Namjoon made the crook of her neck hurt and breathing strenuous.

"I can't, maiden (Y/N)."

Looked at his own body, insecurities overflowing his emotions.

Sadness.

Even though it was a concept she didn't thoroughly understand, Namjoon's face spoke of sadness. When you get sad, it's like being stabbed in the heart a thousand times without dying.

Why is he sad when she just asked a simple request?

Namjoon leans back as the memory of bloodthirsty men chasing him to death with fire and weapons on their hands that was intended to end the royal's life. He didn't know whether if he was dead or alive or when it'll be over. When he woke up, his lower body felt numb, then the wave of nausea took over him as he realized that he was paralyzed for the rest of his life.

"I— I can't walk."

(Y/N)'s face went blank. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—"

"It's alright, nones your fault."

"I guess we're both crippled."

Namjoon let's out a loud chuckles. "I guess we are, maiden (Y/N). I would like talk to you more, but I notice your discomfort. If you can't talk anymore—"