Ch 26 - Doubles

Erick Von is being humiliated by the King. And you got work to do.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Erick Von is at his desk. He must fulfill the King's order by writing apologies to everyone he said to. That's the King himself, you, your mother, and more. Not only was this humiliating, but a Viking was never good a paper work.

I, Sir Erick Von (LN),

Apologize for committing such treasonable

"Nope." He crumbled up the piece of paper and tossed it. Sighing in frustration as he grabbed another piece of paper.

Dear Ex-wife,

I must apologize for my foolishness.

He crumbled this one up to. "I wasn't foolish, I was a dick. Urrrrg. Again."

Dear Miss Swensen,

It has been some time.

"Obviously! I've been a piece of shit and his highness is tearing my ass out about it!" He slouched in his chair. "This is kicking my ass."

Meanwhile over in Japan you are going blade to blade. Your girlfriend is swinging hard. If though it's in phantom form, every hard swing from Stella was hard to guard. Regardless of her very sexy feminine body, every strike makes a power punch. With your small blades it's difficult. But she is helping you with your reaction timing.

"This is kicking my ass!" You thought you would miss this shoulder strike on your right side.

"Better. But not quite there yet. You still have to make up some ground. But you did much better than I thought." Stella put her sword down. "I think you're a week away and then I have an idea for you. Extend the HOKO technique."

"Woah. Hold on. From everything into one blow to something else?" You ask her.

"One blow he might be able to take it. He's going to watch what you did to Sune in slow motion. I'm not sure if you can pull it off again. But there has to be something else we can do. We're good for today. Maybe we can go see Ikki for briefing. I mean Ikki the genius can do anything for breaking down film. Let's do it."

-Back in Denmark

He sighed and dipped his quill. "Alright Erick Von. Let's do it."

Dear (FN)

I would just like to say that I was wrong. About everything. Your mother is a good woman. And you are on your way to become a great fighter. One of the Vikings that we will remember. You defeated Sune in one hard hit and soon I will be in the circle with you for my open challenge. No matter what happens I am proud. I haven't been there and I am ashamed. I lost every trace of my honor. Your letter was spot on. By the way you have write it it means that you are smarter then me. Soon we go sword 2 sword blade 2 blade and I cannot wait to see the man you have grown up to be. I won't go easy.

-Erick Von (LN)

"Hmmm... looks okay."

( Side note, it's purposely written that way because he has bad grammar. )

~~~~~

Ikki sat you and Stella next to him and Ayase (Found out this is proper spelling of her name). Of all things to review Ikki pulled up an anime. Which was rather concerning. Of all the film he watching and how he did his own class and assignments of studying, this was unexpected.

"Anime Ikki? Where are you going with this?"

"This is a scene from Ozumaki. Watch closely." Ikki skipped ahead to a scene. Then paused. "Now even though these are ninjas notice the walls around him and his partner. These are walls made of ice and the reason why the enemy is seen on the glass is because he is traveling at light speed. He could attack at any time using projectiles. Yet, if the enemy is fast enough, he could strike and keep going back and forth to multiple panels."

( Haku. First trap. C'mon, he was beautiful. From Naruto. )

"So is this another HOKO method?"

"Not quite. This one takes more time. As well as more energy. Stamina training until you fly over. Got it?"

"Understood."

"Wait." Stella was completely gathering this. "You honestly think he can travel at light speed?"

"I know he isn't an anime character. The HOKO is his first attempt at learning this." He clicked over onto your match with Sune. Clearly Ikki has already thought way ahead. "I'm going to play this in slow motion. Watch and observe what happens when the buzzer goes and the fight begins."

You hear the buzzer. With your reaction timing you start to charge right after. Sune was prepared to mock you. "One." Fully charged and finished. "Two, three." Attacking full force. "Four." Slash and successful. "Five."

"And the blow itself is under seconds. At that's because of the distance."

You start to process all of this. From the anime to your battle. "So if I'm correct if I can get the distance shortened, I could strike back and forth at a similar pace?"

"I think so. I think you can nail this one. But this will be difficult. Your stamina, your foot placement, and then where you strike when you go back and forth until he falls or you run out of gas."

"Son of a bitch. Ikki the genius has done it again. You beat Stella, conquered a dojo, and what's next?"

"Getting to the Seven Star. You know that. But better yet, you have a long way to go. Then top you flying back to Denmark and only having a two or three day window to maintain your body. This will take work." Ikki wanted to know if you were ready.

"Welp. Stamina training. This is going to make things difficult. But it will pay off. I think we got Erick Von by the balls."

Meanwhile...

A fist slams down on a desk. "Dammit! The King's orders got me by the balls!"

~~~~~

Like father, like son.

Oh yeah. That was good. This was a good chapter to write. I had fun.

-Rel