Ch 11 - Tickle Of Truth

Determined Stella means not giving up Stella. Need I day more?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

"Hey now." You swim back a meter or so. "Tickling?"

"Because it works. So tell me or I wiggle it out of you. And you don't have a shirt on either." She smirked and turned over towards you.

Crap. Oh boy. What now? "Easy Stella. You can put your weapons down..." Referring to those hands raised over her head at the moment.

"I'm unarmed. How do you expect me to hide weapons in this swimsuit? You picked it out if you recall."

"I did..."

"C'mon Denmark, you can't fool a woman who's determined."

"Or beautiful."

"Awww, you're so sweet." She watched you dive underwater and swim away from her. "No you don't!" She swam after you.

She's after me. What the hell do I do? I can't hold her off long. Especially with just the two of us in the pool. I'll get rejected most likely but at least it's better than that. You swim almost as far as your lungs let you before appearing to the surface to grasp for a breath or two. As soon as your head pops up someone else splashes in. Who goes there?

"Ikki the water's fine and just for the two of us." Cried a girl.

"Actually you got company." Ikki pointed to you.

The girl was disappointed. "Aww. Thought it would be the two of us."

"I said that mast chapter." You sighed under your breath.

"Eh?"

"I said that two minutes ago."

"Don't change the subject. Who do you like?" Stella demanded.

"Uh-"

"You." The girl pointed.

"Oh boy..." You blushed. "Sorry."

"(FN)?" Stella let that one sit for a moment. She developed this little butterfly in her stomach. "Sorry? For what?"

"Well Princess it's just uhhh-" You take a quick breath. "Man is this awkward."

"Did you tell anyone else?" Stella looked around and pouted at her roommate. "Well?"

"Yeah I knew. Why do you ask?" Smirked Ikki getting in to be with the girl.

"Ikki come on. You couldn't give me a heads up? Hint something? Anything? I feel totally unprepared for this."

"My apologies Stella, this is kinda my fault after all. Maybe I should just-"

"No." She crossed your arms. "You aren't going anywhere. You will stay right here or on the edge of the pool. The choice is yours."

"The edge okay?" You hop out of the pool and look into the water. She joined you at your side. "So then..."

"What do you mean so then you dummy? Why don't any of you guys tell me anything? You told Ikki and who else?" She pouted.

"Elise..."

"I figured that. And Alice too?"

"Yeah. I told them before the shooting in the mall. I was nervous and I wanted to see if they could give me a pointer or two. Then the incident happened and I did my best because I didn't want you especially to get hurt." Still not able to face her but at least you no longer have to hide any details. All can come out on the table.

"Me? I'm the first one you thought of?" Gasped Stella. Saving me. I never thought I would hear such words.

"Yeah. My heart was racing and I haven't fully went as hard as I can with my abilities. Never truly did that much harm to someone. But it was worth it."

"(FN)..."

You turn to her. "Hi." Trying to smile.

"Hi? That's all you can say to me..." She blushed. "You said you like me right?"

"Well, yes I do."

"But why me? Is it my body? My hair?" She genuinely wanted to hear all of this out. But why exactly? Wanting constant details as to why and wanted to evaluate based on what you said.

"Well you are beautiful at every angle, but you already knew that. Though you're outgoing, exciting, and upbeat. Now I have no idea what a Princess holds for standards or what not. This is just me and I had no idea but any of this. I'm just thinking that having this conversation shouldn't have happened if I shut my mouth."

Stella was horrified. "Excuse me? What do you mean it shouldn't have happened? We could have talked about this."

"Just in the middle of hanging out say that I like you and we negotiate terms? I mean negotiating is when two people with similar-" Then, it hit you. Took you a minute or two. "Hold on. You mean?"

"Yeah. About that." She smiled at you with her face the same color as her hair. "You're a great guy you know (FN)." Blushing yet the words flowed quite well.

"Am I really?"

"Hey now. Don't cut yourself short. Because you're not short like the pipsqueak over there." She pointed over to Shiziku. "You're fun, less dense, and funny. You are comfortable to be around. I was just curious. We haven't had lovers before right?"

"No. We haven't." You said the obvious.

"Well how about this? I mean why can't we just hang out more by ourselves and just let us be us? Does that sound too hard? Let Ikki and the others act themselves and not worry about Sune. It is just you and me and we can tackle anything. And if I get uncomfortable or insecure I'll let you know." She slide over to wrap you in a warm hug. Tightened up and let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Stella."

"Thanks Darling."

"That's new."

"It's what lovers do. We can work on it." She whispered in your ear.

"That we can." You looked into those eyes. "How about this?"

You didn't know this but the newspaper girl was watching from a distance grabbing her pen. Ikki being next to her with Alice and Shiziku looking over in the distance.

"Phew. She's not after him." Shiziku smiled and laughed in relief she didn't have to compete with her.

"I'm overjoyed at the sight. Those two are really good for each other. But just a reminder Honey I think you're in the running but remember forcing yourself isn't always best. These things need time." Alice had a few tricks up of his sleeve for everyone. Just no one knee any of them quite yet.

"Is that so?" Questioned Shiziku.

"Honey I think you and Elise have lovers around and you don't know it. Bare with me." Alice gave a small wink and got up from his chair. "Shall we?"

"Sure."

It's less tense now and half the battle is over. Though I know we have such an uphill adventure ahead. Sad but we can rise.

~~~~~

The Princess and the Forgotten. Yay what a title. With Ikki having possibly a woman in his life and Alice having a plot life can go smooth or haywire. We shall see.

-Rel