Chapter 16

" Everyone practice is cut short see you tomorrow" Tezuka yells the Seigaku tennis team all take off to the locker room, " ha did that scare you Ryo," Rhode says looking at Ryoma a smirk on her lips. Ryoma looks at Rhode and swipes his hat off her head he then walks into the boy's locker room to grab his stuff, Rhode runs into the girl's locker room grabbing her stuff and runs out watching as it begins to sprinkle.

Recap________________________________________________________________________

Rhode's pov~

I grab my skateboard out of my tennis bag, watching as the rain begins to come down harder. " So Rhode are you going to tell me what happened to you" Ryoma questions looking up at the clouds that grow darker. " Hmm all that needs to be said is that I ran into some friends of mine, who helped me out of another crowd chasing me" I answer shrugging " oh ok," Ryoma says. " Just to let everyone know the match against Hyotei is tomorrow" Tezuka exclaims everyone yells back in reply. 

" Wonder what we're going to do since we are just stand-ins this time," I say walking out into the rain putting my skateboard down " watching the match" Ryoma replies grabbing an umbrella from his bag. I tilt my head up towards the rain letting it hit my face, but Ryoma steps in covering me with his umbrella " awe! Come on Ryo" I whined looking at him " you don't want to get sick with all the matches coming up" Ryoma stated I roll my eyes. 

"Let's head home," I say taking off on my skateboard a wide smile on my face. Ryoma runs after me but gives up cause he doesn't want to fall, " haha you can't catch me Ryo" I say looking behind me. When I look forward I see the seigaku regulars standing in my way. " Hey you guys! watcha doing waiting in the rain" I question stopping the skateboard, kicking it up into my hands. 

" We were just talking about going to eat, want to join!" Kikumaru exclaims jumping towards me excitedly " uh sure you coming along Ryo" I turn to Ryomas direction as he finally catches up. He just nods his head in agreement " let's go then!" Kikumaru yells leading the pack as I just set down my skateboard slowly skating next to them. " Rhode " someone says I look over to the direction of the voice seeing that it was Fuji. " Yeah Fuji-senpai" I question tilting my head a tiny bit to the right. 

"What happen to you you were late to practice" he questions opening his eyes " wow your eyes are pretty! Oh yeah I got chased by some people for the second time in Japan" I answer he looks at me confused, I chuckle a bit at his reaction. " Well its because of the fame of me being on t.v. from the tennis tournaments, so I guess everyone just recognizes me " I explain shrugging " I don't think its a big deal" I add Fuji just shakes his head "saa~ your a very interesting girl" he says. 

" Hmm thats very interesting and I can see why they chase you" Fuji replies Kikumaru comes out of nowhere picking me up and swinging me around " what are you doing" I exclaim surprised by the attack. " I heard about the mob just now and I can't have people doing that to our princess" Kikumaru says rubbing his cheek on my cheek. " Haha Kikumaru- senpai can you put me down " I whine when I do he slowly sets me down 'geez why must everyone be so tall' I thought remembering Hyotei's teams height. 

" Dang it, being 5'1 and a half sucks" I whisper but Kikumaru hears me. " Ha! Poor chibi princess" Kikumaru says a big smile on his face. I huff at what he says and grab my skateboard skating away from him. " She is tiny but at least not Echizen tiny" Momo laughs and Ryoma turns to him glaring, " you both need to drink more milk" Inui says writing it down in his notes. 

I sweat a little as Inui then starts mumbling to himself about more data. I slowly walk away from him and walk next to Ryoma " so Ryo what did I miss in school today" I ask tilting my head at him. " Nothing much just the usual" he replies " ah gotcha" I say " are you guys ready for the match against Hyotei tomorrow" I question kicking off my skateboard to keep up with them. " Yeah we are they will be pretty hard to beat" Oishi says looking serious " hmm I think it'll be fun watching all you guys play" I add smiling a tiny bit. 

" More research to help you Inui-senpai " I say nodding my head at him. " I think the new double set ups will be quite interesting tomorrow also" I add " phsss...it will be " Kaido says adjusting the strap of his tennis bag. " Plus Ryo you can learn more on how to beat me by watching them" I laugh elbowing Ryoma a bit. Ryoma looks up at me with his cat like eyes glaring at me, " what it's true you have never beaten me" I shrugg a smirk on my face. 

" We made it guys" Kawamura says opening the door to his family restaurant " hello again Kawamuras dad" I say waving at him. " Ah its nice to see you again" he says a big smile on his face while all the Seigaku boys look between us confused. " ha I came in here earlier in the day when I was chased" I say " I still can't believe people chased after our chibi princess" Kikumaru whines about to grab me in another bear hug. I move out of the way before I could be tackled, grabbing Ryoma's hand so he could sit down next to me.