chapter 14

" Oh and Sakuno-san are you the granddaughter of Coach Ryuzaki," Rhode asks Sakuno just nods her head in reply. "That's really cool you two look alike, " Rhode says " thank you Rhode," Sakuno says still playing with her hair. 

Recap__________________________________________________________________________

3rd person pov~

Rhode and Sakuno make it to the girls locker room, " are the girls tennis team practicing right now" Rhode questions " no are season ended early because we lost to our district competitors but I have been practicing " Sakuno replies. " Oh I'm sorry about that but I am glad you are still practicing" Rhode says changing her shirt to a green colared shirt and than changing to a black pair of skorts. 

" Sakuno-san do you want to watch the boys practice I'm playing against Ryoma today in a match, only if you want to though," Rhode asks tieing her black sneakers up, " oh um sure I can watch" Sakuno replies. " Am I making you nervous Sakuno-san you keep twisting your hair I don't want you to be uncomfortable" Rhode says putting her hand on Sakunos shoulder. 

Sakuno shakes her head vigorously, " no-no your not making me uncomfortable " Sakuno answers, " um Rhode might I ask what is that thing that was around your waist " Sakuno asks. Rhode quirks a brow at her tilting her head a little when the realization hits her. "Oh! That it's my waist weight it gives people more of an advantage I guess" Rhode explains slinging her bag over her shoulder. " Well let's get to the tennis courts before Tezuka-senpai gets mad and makes me run laps," Rhode says opening the door allowing Sakuno to go out first. 

When Rhode and Sakuno walk out of the girl's locker room, they see Ryoma walking with a Ponta in hand. " Yo Ryo over here" Rhode exclaims waving her hand Sakuno squeaks in surprise, " where were you this whole time Rhode I was worried, " Ryo says glaring at the brunette. " Well I wasn't planning on getting chased by a mob of people Ryo," Rhode says shrugging her shoulders, " you got chased by a mob, " Sakuno says looking at Rhode in awe. 

" Yeah it keeps happening when I go out on my own" Rhode explains Rhode then grabs both Sakuno's and Ryoma's hands, " we're going to be late let's walk and talk," Rhode says dragging the two behind her. " Rhode let go your gonna shake the Ponta up," Ryoma says getting out of her grasp, "well walk faster Ryo, " Rhode says. 

They walk up to the door of the tennis courts seeing all the members lined up, Rhode looks at Ryoma wide-eyed " are we late" Rhode whispered Ryoma looks at her and just shrugs. Sakuno stays outside the fence watching as Rhode and Ryoma walk off to the lined-up players, " nice of you two to finally join us" Coach Ryuzaki says. Rhode and Ryoma walk to where Momo and Kikumaru are, " where were you two " Momo whispers still looking at Coach Ryuzaki " got caught up in stuff tell you later and Ryo was getting Ponta it seems" Rhode answers.

" Everyone quiet down, the discussion we are going to have is about the match that is coming up" Ryuzaki exclaims " it is against Hyotei middle, they are strong competitors the line up for the Kanto regionals are singles 1: Tezuka vs. Atobe, singles 2: Jirou vs. Fuji, singles 3: Kabaji vs. Kawamura, Doubles 1: Shishido/Chotaro vs. Inui/Kaido, and Doubles 2: Oshitari/Gakuto vs. Kikumaru/Oishi" Ryuzaki explains. 

"Momoshiro, Rhode, and Ryoma you all will be stand-ins in case one of them can't make it," Ryuzaki says a smile on her face, " now get to practicing " Ryuzaki exclaims turning around and walking to a bench. " Hey Ryo ready to lose, " Rhode says looking at Ryoma who rolls his eyes at her, " pick a court Rhode " Ryoma replies walking away to grab his tennis racket. " Are you guys having a little match " Momo asks Rhode nods her head in reply " I'm definitely going to watch this" Momo says " psss... Momo play against me " Kaido says walking over. 

 " Sure I guess I'll watch your match later then, " Momo says walking away with Kaido to an open court, Rhode looks around for an open court spotting Ryoma already at a court stretching a bit. She runs over to him but setting her bag down and grabbing her racket first, Rhode walks up to him " rough or smooth" Rhode asks " rough" Ryoma replies. Rhode spins the racket it lands on rough " your serve Ryo " Rhode says walking over to her side of the court. 

Ryoma does his signature twist serve, Rhode hits it back easily starting a rally between her and Ryoma. Ryoma slides up to the net jumping up before hitting the net smashing the ball down on Rhode's side of the court, Rhode's eyes widen at the new move Ryoma does. She watches as the tennis ball passes her doing two arches pass her, she turns to see the ball still rolling on the fence causing a dent. 

Rhode watches as the tennis ball falls down, she looks back to Ryoma astonished by the new move. " It still needs work, " Ryoma says a look of disappointment on his face " Ryo what the heck was that and what do you mean that still needs work" Rhode exclaims. " It's called drive B and I'm still figuring it out " Ryoma replies, " that was freaking cool am I the first one you did that to," Rhode says pointing at her self Ryoma just nods his head. 

" Do it again practice it I want to learn more about it" Rhode says getting ready behind the line, Ryoma gets set doing his twist serve again. Rhode gets ready for the drive B technique, Ryoma slides and jumps up hitting the tennis ball over to Rhode one arch forming behind the tennis ball. Rhode runs over where the ball is before the second arch forms, she tries to do a special move on it but doesn't even manage to touch it the tennis ball making another dent in the fence. 

Rhode whistles as it keeps spinning, " you got a good move their Ryoma but I'll beat it after playing it more often " Rhode says turning to look over at Ryoma. A crazy look in her eyes Ryoma just gulps at her, " let's keep playing " Rhode says walking behind the line ready to serve.