"Demi slow down!" Joe was catching up to me. I turned around to face him.

"Leave me alone Joe. I don't want to talk to you." I continued walking. He started catching up to me again. Does he not get the words leave me alone?

"You can't just walk away from this Demi we have to discuss about it." We were approaching my house now.

"We did talk about it. You said I was an easy target."

"I didn't mean it like that." He said slightly mad.

"Then what other way could you possibly mean? You know what Joe I'm done and this discussion is over." I started fishing for my keys. I found them and started unlocking the door.

"This isn't over Demi. We need to talk about this." I slammed the door in his face before he could even say another word. I went to the kitchen and found the piles of mail on the table. I went through it and found my NYU and USC letter. But which one do I open first? I decided on opening the USC one first.

Yay I got accepted. At least Joe would be happy about that. But I didn't want to talk to him now. I opened my NYU one next. Crossing my fingers and hoping they would accept me.

Dear Demetria,

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to New York University in the fall of 2014. We look forward to seeing you and having you join us at our school.

I could barely finish the letter but I'm so happy I got in!! But what do I do now? Do I make Joe happy and go with him while I'm upset? Or do I make myself happy but Joe upset by going to NYU. I set down the letters and went up the stairs to my room. I shut my door and blasted the music and started working on my homework. Thinking about the situation.

Joe

Frustrated. I didn't mean it in that way when Demi and I were talking. Now she's probably mad at me. Great way to screw up again Joe. I want her to be happy but New York is so far away and video chatting won't be the same and we'll probably barely see each other. I walked into my house and to the fridge grabbing an apple out. My mother then comes into the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie how was school?" She asks as she starts preparing dinner.

"It was fine." I said taking another bite of the apple blowing out air from my nose in a frustrating way.

"Are you sure?" She asks me as she comes by me looking at me now.

"No.." I said tossing the apple away leaning against the counter.

"What's wrong Joe?" She gives me a concerned look.

"It's college. Demi and I talked today and she wants to go to NYU and we got in an argument. I just don't know what to do?" I ran my fingers through my hair not wanting to go into detail.

"Well.. Let her go. She'd be much happier." My mother said. Did she just say that?

"But mom.. What about me? She's gonna be leaving me for 4 years if she goes there!" I was so upset and frustrated. Even more now than before.

"Joe, I know this is hard but sometimes you have to let people go for them to be happy. It's like that saying, if you love something set it free. I know Demi staying here would make you happy, but imagine how she would feel? Do you think she'll be happy here?" She was right. Demi probably wouldn't be that happy here. She'd probably be miserable because she didn't get to go to her dream school. Instead she'd stay here with me making me happy. But if she's not happy, I wouldn't be happy either. Either way I guess it's a lose-lose situation. In the end someone is gonna be happy and another is gonna be sad. No one wins. I blew out a puff of air.

"I guess you're right. I just don't know what I'd do if she left." My mother came to me and gave me a hug.

"It's gonna be alright. I know you guys are both strong enough to make this relationship work."

Demi

This decision is gonna change everything. I was lying in bed staring at the ceiling. I don't know what to do and it's frustrating me. I do know that I'm not gonna lose Joe and I'm willing to fight for this relationship. I know he's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. No matter what happens to the both of us. We still always end up going back to each other. I've never felt like this with anyone before. I guess it's called love. I went downstairs and saw my parents at the table.

"Congrats honey!!" My mother smiled while holding up the acceptance letter. She went up to hug me.

"We're so proud of you." My dad said then also hugging me. They finally released me.

"Thanks.." I said and started walking to the kitchen. They soon started following me.

"Is everything okay? We know this is the school you wanted the letter from the most and you got it. Why aren't you happy?" My mother patted my shoulder.

"I am.. It's just far from home and Joe and I don't know what to do. I mean it's a lose-lose situation for the both of us." I grabbed some juice from the fridge.

"It's all gonna work out honey. We'll support whatever choice you make." With that they left the kitchen. I thought a bit harder. This is gonna be the most life changing decision we're gonna make.

Joe

I know what I want now. It's late so Demi and I will probably talk about it tomorrow after school. This decision is going to change everything between us. But I'm not gonna let her go that easily. And I'm gonna promise that to her.