:A Proscriptive Relationship: 58

Začít od začátku

"None at all."

My eyes welled up as a swirl of emotions passed through me, the most prominent one being relief. "I'm so glad," I finally said, doing my best to blink away my tears.

The door to my hospital room suddenly burst open, and a few doctors and my mom came in. Mr. Heywood quickly moved out of the way so my mom could have better access to me. She threw her arms around me, squeezing me painfully. I gasped, my stomach clenching painfully.

"Mom," I gasped, trying to push her away. "You're hurting me!"

"Holly! I'm so happy you're awake!" my mom blubbered, her voice thick with tears. "Oh, honey!"

I winced in pain as she continued to squeeze my aching body. "Mom-"

"I was so worried! I thought you might not wake up!"

"Please-"

"I have to call Lance and Casey. I promised them I'd call when you woke up..." She finally pulled away, wiping her eyes off with her sleeve. "They'll be so relieved."

"Excuse me," one of the doctors clad in a white coat said, gently pushing my mom out of the way. "We need to do a check-up on her and make sure everything is okay."

My mom nodded, moving out of the way I watched as she went over to Mr. Heywood, saying something to him I couldn't hear. He stood up, nodding to my mom. Together they started for the door.

"Wait!" I cried out, my eyes widening. "Where are you going? Stay here!"

My mom gave me a gentle smile. "I have to go outside and call Casey and Lance. You want to see them, right?"

"Yeah," I responded, my face falling slightly. "Mr. Heywood-"

"I'm not supposed to be in here during a check up," he informed me with a tight smile. "I'm going to get something to eat from the café across the street. Do you want something?"

As if on cue, my stomach growled. A blush spread across my face as Mr. Heywood chuckled. I hadn't realized how hungry I actually was. It actually kind of hurt.

"Cake?"

"Chocolate," I told him, adverting my gaze. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, Holly."

My mom cracked a grin, sending me a wink before she disappeared through the door. Mr. Heywood gave me one last lingering look before parting as well. I turned my attention to the doctor, who was in the process of taking out my I.V. I quickly shut my eyes, turning in the opposite direction, and trying to focus on anything but the feeling of the needle slipping out of my vein.

Half an hour later, the door burst open, scaring me half to death. Mr. Heywood quickly slapped me on the back as I choked on a piece of cake. Casey and Lance came through the door, both with excited looks on their faces.

"Merry Christmas!" Casey cried, flinging herself at me. She landed hard, causing me to groan in pain. Immediately she pulled back, looking sheepish. "Sorry!"

I shook my head, resting a hand on my sore stomach. "It's fine. And what are you talking about? Christmas isn't for another week..."

Casey's head snapped to Mr. Heywood. "You didn't tell her?"

"Tell me what?"

"You've been out for two months," Lance told me in a serious voice. "I thought you were a goner-" He was abruptly cut off when Casey elbowed him in the side.

She rolled her eyes as Lance groaned in pain. "Ignore Lance. You've only been out for a little over a week."

"A week?" I repeated incredulously. "I've been gone for a week? Oh no..." A groan left my lips and I fell back onto my pillow.